Chapter 14

Elio managed to talk to Marcus before he was put into isolation. It was clear that Marcus was still bothered by their conversation and it only upped Elio's suspicions that he was hiding something from him. Elio sighed and let them take Marcus into isolation. He could tell that Marcus was pissed that he didn't even try and stop them from taking the punishment but Elio knew better than that.

"He's asking for you again," Jace said as he stood behind Elio.

"What does he want this time?" Elio asked, feigning annoyance. 

"He just wants to see you."

"Tell him I'm tired and I need to rest," Elio said before walking off with Jace trailing behind him. 

He walked back to his room and found it empty. He looked back at Jae with a raised brow.

"He wanted your stuff back in his room," Jayce said.

"We're sharing a room again?" Elio asked.

"Fortunately, or unfortunately, yes."

Elio sighed and walked to their old room. Killian was giving him a headache on top of Marcus. Elio had no choice but to go back to their old room. He just wanted a nap. He needed a thousand naps. Fortunately for Elil, Jace stood outside of the room as Elio slept in the room, or tried to. His eyes were closed but sleep would not come to him. 

Elio heard the door open but he ignored it. He didn't want to deal with anyone today. He felt the bed dip beside him. He could tell that it was Killian as he snuggled beside him, wrapping his arms around Elio's waist. 

"You didn't come," Killian whispered in his ear but Elio ignored him.

"I know you're not asleep," Killian muttered as his breath tickled Elio's neck. 

Elio felt goosebumps appear on his skin but he kept still. Killian sighed and nuzzled his face against the crook of Elio's neck. 

"You really make me feel better," Killian said, hoping that Elio is listening to him. "I love you, Elio."

Elio sighed and finally broke his facade. He got up from the bed but Killian's hand held him back.

"What do you want Killian?" Elio asked in a bored tone. 

"I just want you to stay with me for a while, please," Killian pleaded.

"You need to go back and rest in the medical wing. You've barely recovered from your injuries," Elio said. 

"I wouldn't have left if you just went to me," Killian grumbled. 

"Can you stop being stubborn?" Elio snapped. "Have Jace bring you back."

Killian sat up from the bed and pain shot up all throughout his body but he suppressed it. 

"What's happening Elio? Why are you pulling away from me again?" Killian asked. 

Elio didn't know how to answer that question. Too much was going on in his head. He needed to gain Killian's trust but also felt the need to pull away from him. It was a complicated situation. Every second that he spends with Killian is making him question if he truly wants to leave or not. 

"Let's get you back to the medical room," Elio said with a much gentler tone this time. 

Killian didn't protest as Elio pulled him up and helped him back to the clinic. Killian was whining the whole time, begging Elio to just let him rest in their room so he could see him all the time but Elio didn't budge. The nurse was glaring at Killian as soon as they got back to the room and Killian only returned a sly smile. They laid him down and the nurse checked over his wound and injuries to see if they were doing fine. Fortunately for Killian, all is still well.