Chapter 10

Killian woke up at two thirty in the morning to prepare for the burial. To his surprise, Elio was already up as well, sitting down on the couch with his gaze staring into space. Killian stood up and walked in front of him and without a word, Elio stood up as well. The two walked down to the garage and passed a few of the guards roaming the property. They reached the car and Killian opened the door for him before getting in the driver's side.

"Don't try anything to escape. We both know any attempt would be futile," Killian said before driving off.

Not one word was uttered between the two as they drove to the cemetery. Killian has already a few of his men posted in the area that are out of sight. He wasn't stupid to go to the cemetery alone with Elio, given that they had a stolen body from the FBI. Elio hurriedly got out of the car as soon as they parked near the cemetery but halted his steps when he realized he doesn't know where Lorenzo's body is.

He let Killian walk in front of him as the street lamps illuminate their path. Elio was getting anxious by the minute. The path seemed to be longer than it actually is. He would finally get to see his husband for the last time and it all felt surreal. They finally reached an empty graveyard underneath a tree and Elio sprinted toward Lorenzo's coffin as soon as it came into sight. 

Killian stood back as Elio stood in front of his husband. Elio couldn't believe it. His husband is now gone. He looked at Lorenzo's features over and over again, in fear that he might forget his face. The bullet wound was skillfully covered up. It looked like he was just sleeping and Elio so badly needed him to wake up. 

Tears fell onto Lorenzo's face. Elio didn't even realize that he had begun crying. Elio wiped his tears off of his husband's face but they keep falling. His silent cries soon into loud sobs, echoing through the silent night. Killian stood there with pain and jealousy swirling in his heart. He aches for Elio but hates that he's mourning another man. 

Elio wrapped his arms around his husband's lifeless body, aching to feel the warmth that had long escaped him. He didn't want to let go. Elio wishes that this could be a dream, a nightmare that he could wake up from. 

"Elio," Killian softly called out.

They couldn't really stay out here exposed for too long. Elio nodded wordlessly and gave Lorenzo one last final kiss on the forehead. Elio reluctantly pulled away as Killian approached and closed the coffin. Elio stood back as Killian lowered the coffin to the ground.

"Someone else will take care of it, we need to go Elio. I'm sorry," Killian said. 

Elio only nodded mindlessly before grabbing a handful of dirt and throwing it on top of Lorenzo's coffin. Elio just wanted to forget about this day. It was a feeling he never wanted to experience again. 

They walked back to the car and just like the ride to the cemetery, the ride back home was still filled with silence. Elio was staring out of the window, watching nothing as they drove home. Tears had stained his cheeks, his eyes red and puffy from all the crying. Once they reached home, Killian got out of the car first and opened the door for Elio. 

Elio suddenly engulfed him in a tight hug, catching him off guard. Killian hesitantly wrapped his arms around Elio, in fear that he will pull back once he does. Killian nuzzled his face in Elio's hair, inhaling his scent that he had longed for for years. Elio was in his arms and he didn't want to let go. He hoped that time would stop right then and there. Killian couldn't wait for the day that Elio is going to be his once again. 

Elio pulled away, muttering a sorry before walking inside the house, leaving Killian behind. Killian sighed and followed behind him. Once they got in the room, Elio curled up on the couch with his back facing the room. Killian wanted to comfort him and hold him in his arms again but he knew Elio would push him away so he just got in the bed with his gaze stuck to the ceiling. 

He could hear Elio silently sobbing on the couch and as much as he tried to ignore it, he couldn't. Killian stood up and walked over to Elio. He lifted him off of the couch and laid him down on the bed. Killian was surprised that Elio didn't protest. He could only guess that he was too tired to do so. Killian got in the bed beside Elio and placed the covers over them.

Elio nuzzled his chest, his tears soaking his shirt but it didn't bother Killian. He ran his through Elio's hair, holding him close as he wept. It didn't take long for Elio to fall asleep so Killian wiped the stray tears off of his face and placed a gentle kiss on Elio's forehead. HE wrapped his arms around Elio and pulled him close as he closed his eyes. 

Killian didn't realize how badly he missed this. He didn't want to fall asleep. In fact, Killian fought hard against his sleepiness. He just wanted to enjoy the moment as it lasts. Killian did lose the battle against sleep and he woke up with the sun glaring through his window. Killian woke up with a groan and reached out for Elio but found his side of the bed empty.

Killian opened his eyes and let out a disappointed sigh. He looked over to the couch and found that Elio had moved back there. He must've moved back once Killian had fallen asleep. Killian got off the bed and walked over to Elio to wake him up.

"Hey, wake up. Breakfast's in a few," Killian whispered.

Elio just groaned in his sleep and pushed Killian away from him.

"I don't want to eat," Elio mumbled. 

Killian sighed in response. Elio would say he doesn't want to eat but he knows this man could not resist food so he ordered one of the maids to bring breakfast to their room. He checked on Elio one last time before walking into the bathroom to get ready for the day. Once he got out, he found Elio already eating the breakfast he ordered. So much for not wanting to eat. Elio looked up and saw Killian with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

"I thought you didn't want to eat?" Killian teasingly asked. 

Elio's gaze was stuck on Killian's body. He barely heard the question. Killian raised a brow and snapped his fingers in front of Elio's face, snapping him out of his trance. 

"I got hungry," Elio muttered as he looked away from Killian. 

"Sure," Killian chuckled before walking into the closet to get dressed.

Elio sighed and smacked himself on the forehead.

"You're a married man, Elio," he whispered to himself. "Was, a married man."

Elio sighed before shoving another mouthful of waffles into his mouth. Elio was so lost in thought that he didn't notice that Killian had already come out of the closet. Killian sat beside him and started eating his breakfast as well. He noticed how Elio was staring into space while eating so he grabbed a piece from his plate and it immediately got Elio's attention. Elio's death glare was enough for him to put the waffle back onto Elio's plate.

"Killian?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I supposed to just follow you around like a lost puppy every day or am I allowed to do something else?" Elio asked.

"I can't really let you out of my sight, can I?" Killian replied.

A sigh escaped Elio's lips. Not because of disappointment, but because of annoyance. 

"Fine, what do you want to do then?"