Chapter 12

Killian ran his hand through Elio's hair, their bare chests pressed against each other. Elio had an ongoing battle in his head. He doesn't regret what had happened but he wishes that he did. Killian held him tightly in his arms, not wanting to let go. He leaned down to kiss Elio but Elio pushed him away and got out of the bed. 

"Elio," Killian called out.

"This was a mistake."

"What?" Killian asked, hurt evident in his voice. 

"I said this was a mistake and should never happen again," Elio replied and without even a glance toward Killian, he went inside the bathroom.

Elio heard the bedroom door slam close as he stepped into the shower. He knew he hurt Killian and he knew he shouldn't have kissed him back but he couldn't stop himself. Everything happened so fast, he couldn't think straight. Once he emerged from the bathroom, Jace was already standing inside the room. 

"You'll be transferring to another room. Please follow me after you get dressed," Jace said. 

"Is there any reason for that?" Elio asked. 

"I'm just following orders."

Elio sighed and walked into the closet to get dressed. Elio followed Jace down the hall and they entered an empty room. It was a lot smaller than Killian's room but it was good enough for Elio.

"You'll be staying here from now on. Marcus will start his shift as your bodyguard in a few hours. You must not leave his sight, understood?"

"Yep," Elio replied, popping the 'p' as he plopped himself down on the bed. 

Jace just shook his head before exiting the room. Elio sighed once again as he stared up at the ceiling. He knew exactly why Killian wanted him in another room. Time passed and Elio heard a knock on the door. He couldn't be bothered to get up and open it. Marcus entered his room with a raised brow. 

"Um, what is happening? Just a few hours ago that man would not let you out of his sight and now he's giving you your own room?" Marcus questioned.

"Marcus, please. Shut up," Elio muttered.

"Elio-"

"I said shut up!" Elio yelled.

Marcus quickly shut his mouth. He needed to know what happened so he could foresee how things would look in the future. 

"It would be easier for us to leave now, right? Now that Killian isn't sticking to me like a fly," Elio said still staring at the ceiling.

"Maybe, but we can't be sure. He might just be testing us or something. We can't move too fast," Marcus replied. "Will you tell me what happened between you two?"

"We fucked."

Silence soon followed the confession. Marcus just stood in front of Elio in shock. He wasn't sure what he heard was correct.

"You had sex?" Marcus exclaimed in shock as soon as Elio's words sunk in. 

"Yeah, we had sex. We were fucking. Same shit," Elio replied. "The worst part is, he's as good as I remember."

"I didn't need to know that detail," Marcus said in disgust.

"You think Lorenzo would be mad at me?" Elio asked. 

"Well, he's dead so I doubt he'll care," he shrugged.

"Fuck you, Marcus."

"Sorry, but seriously. If you fucked Killian while Lorenzo was still alive, he would've killed the both of you but he's not anymore. He would want you to move on," Marcus said. "That is how it is in this life. You have to keep moving forward."

"But Killian killed him. I slept with my husband's murderer," Elio said, his voice cracking.

"You know Lorenzo has been suffering for a long time now. His death was his peace. I was angered at first, but we both know Killian did him a favor."

Elio stayed laid down, pondering Marcus' words. It is true that they need to keep moving forward but Elio hated how fast he was moving. He's becoming way too comfortable with Killian when he's supposed to be still grieving and longing for his husband. 

"I don't want to move on," Elio said.

"Why is that?" Marcus asked.

"Because if I do, I might not be able to leave this life."

...

Days passed and Elio continued training Killian's men. He refused any small talk with anyone. He doesn't need to make friends with them. He hasn't seen Killian in the past couple of days. Elio doesn't know if he's avoiding him or not and he wasn't able to get any information from eavesdropping his men. The only good thing to come out of the past few days is that he and Marcus were able to stay together.

"You have any idea where Killian is? Heard anything from the other men?" Elio asked as soon as they got back to his room. 

"Why are you asking? Are you worried about him?" Marcus asked, earning a glare from Elio.

"If he's going to be gone for a long time. Maybe we could take the opportunity-"

"Why are you so adamant about leaving? How many times have I told you that we can't just fucking leave?" Marcus asked in frustration.

"What is up with you? You always say that. Do you not want to leave or something?" Elio pointedly asked. 

"I'm just trying not to be fucking hasty. If we get caught trying to leave what the fuck do you think they're going to try to do? I haven't even fully gained Killian's trust yet. I only got to be your bodyguard because you fucked him and I assume that you regretted it so now Killian's out avoiding you!" Marcus yelled in one breath. 

"I don't know what the fuck is up with you, Marcus but if you're going to be like this I'll find my way out of this fucking place on my own. Now leave me the fuck alone!"

Marcus didn't hesitate and stormed out of Elio's room. He wasn't allowed to leave Elio but he had to. He has been feeling on edge for the past few weeks and things would only escalate if he stayed. Jace spotted him without Elio and asked him to go back to Elio. Marcus ignored him and pushed past him. Jace only rolled his eyes. He didn't want to deal with the man. Killian would have to if he knew that Marcus left Elio alone. 

Nightfall came and Elio was still awake. The altercation with Marcus left a bitter taste in his mouth. They had never fought before. They always met at the same level. Marcus may be planning something that he wasn't telling Elio. The door suddenly burst open and Elio was ready to yell at Marcus to go away but he was met with a bloody Killian. 

"Killian? What the fuck happened?" Elio asked as he ran over to Killian to catch him as he keeled over. 

"Life. Life happened," Killian chuckled.

"What? Why didn't you go to the clinic?" Elio asked as he slung Killian's arm over his shoulders.

"I wanted to see you. I needed to see you," he muttered before finally losing consciousness. 

Elio screamed for help and Jace immediately arrived. They both carried Killian to the infirmary. Elio tried asking Jace if Killian was out on a mission but he just said that Killian has been gone for a few days and told everyone to leave him alone. They reached the infirmary and Killian was immediately tended to by one of the doctors. Elio tried to leave and get changed but Killian was holding onto his wrist tightly despite being unconscious. 

There found no bullet wounds which was a relief but Killian was covered with stab wounds and bruises. His left eye was busted and so was his lower lips. His nose looked crooked, indicating that it might be broken. The doctor injected some anesthetics into Killian's arm and his grip finally loosened on Elio's wrist. 

"Call me when he wakes up," Elio said to Jace. 

Elio ran back to his room to change his clothes. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was worried for Killian. He hated that feeling because he knew that the longer he stays here, the harder it will be for him to leave.