Epilogue

"On the count of three, you cover right and I'll cover left. Understood?"

"Understood."

"You ready?"

"Yes."

"Let's count together."

"One -

"Two -

"Thre-

"You guys know that I could hear you right?" Elio said as he peeked over the end of the bed.

Killian and Kaela were sat on the floor with confetti canons in hand, ready to surprise Elio for him and KIllian's first wedding anniversary. 

"Happy Anniversary?" Killian said with a nervous chuckle.

"Told you it wasn't gonna work," Kaela grumbled. 

"Did you finish the paperwork for the treaty tomorrow?" Elio asked.

"No, not yet," Killian replied. "Give me a break, my love it's our anniversary," he whined. 

"Kaela, want to ignore your dad with me for the rest of the day?" 

"Yes!" Kaela enthusiastically replied.

"No! Don't do that!" Killian said in a panic. "I'll finish the treaty now," he said before abruptly running to his office. 

The two laughed and high-fived. They both know how to make Killian do the work when needed.

The past year has been a whirlwind. So much has happened in their lives that neither of them expected. Lorenzo still had a place in Elio's heart but his heart now belongs to Killian. They both knew it was impossible to leave the life that they currently live. They just had to make do with what they had. 

Their future is unknown, every step moving forward could be the last. Elio and Killian live in the moment. Cherishing every little moment, every single second that they have with the little family that they had created. There is still so much more ahead. Their lives are always on the line but Elio wouldn't change it any other way, and neither does Killian. 

A/N: 

Is this an absolutely abrupt and shitty ending? yes.