15

Chapter 15 – Confession

For just a moment Eunwoo was blindsided, then he recovered and smiled at Lisa. "Of course."
"It may take awhile."
"It is the duty of every man to wait for a lady, and it is my honour to wait for you."

Lisa could not help but chuckle. "My mother drilled into me from an early age that men with silver tongues can't be trusted."

"Then I'll use my actions to change her mind."

He took Lisa to a famous downtown hair salon, and looking at the front of the shop, Lisa raised her eyebrows a little. "Isn't this salon for members only?"

A smug smile on his lips, Eunwoo reassured her, "Don’t worry, my sister is a senior member here."

At this very moment, his sister, far away abroad, received a confirmation email from her hair salon. She huffed a breath from one corner of her mouth and verified it, her heart sure that it must be from Eunwoo, that brat, leading some poor girl astray again.

Under the guidance of a stylist, Lisa sat down in front of a mirror. The stylist's elegant hands gently stroked her hair. "Did you have a particular hairstyle in mind? A short cut?"
Thinking for a moment, Lisa told them, "Please cut it short, then dye it black and straighten it. Thank you."

"Sounds good."

While Lisa was getting her hair done, Eunwoo sat on the sofa, reading magazines. Outside the glass windows of the shop, the sky slowly darkened, yet there was no sign of impatience on his face.

As Lisa watched him in the mirror, she felt her nose suddenly become a little sour. Jungkook had never even had the patience to be her model, yet this man was willing to sit here, waiting for her for hours.
And hungry, at that.

The stylist finished up Lisa’s hair by blowing it dry. “What do you think?”

“Well...” Lisa looked at herself in the mirror, feeling uneasy at the drastic change. “It’s quite pretty."

Her straight, black hair brushed her shoulders. The fall of her hair was excellently done, and the parting had been changed. It was a classically lovely style.

And no one would ever say again that she looked like Song Jin.

Using a cylinder brush to add a few finishing touches, the stylist smiled. "It's pretty because you are."

Lisa looked up at him. "Even if you flatter me like that, I won't tip you extra."

"Of course you don't have to. It's the duty of men to praise women." At some point, Eunwoo had come over, and he smiled at Lisa in the mirror. Bending down, he handed her a teal blue card. "This membership card has been filled with money so that you can come back at any time. Just tell them your phone number to use it."
Lisa was a little taken aback. "I can't accept this.”

Eunwoo looked at her in amusement. “It’s hardly a credit card. Don't be afraid to accept it.”

“Um... how much money is inside? I'll pay you back.”

Eunwoo said, quite deliberately, "Must you treat me so distantly?"

Lisa hesitated. The hairdresser next to her smiled at her and said, "It's also a man's duty to pay for a lady."

Lisa glanced at them with a smile, and finally accepted the card in Eunwoo’s hand.

Upon returning to the car, Eunwoo tapped his long index finger on the steering wheel. "It's getting late and eating something too greasy right now wouldn't be the best idea. I know a fresh mushroom shop. Why don't we go have some soup?”