35

Having cooled off a full day, Lisa was no longer as irritable as she had been in the morning, when she had first seen the news. She remained at the gate a little while, staring out, then made her way toward Jungkook's car.

He looked a little confused and doubtful to see her getting on. She shut the door and turned to him, "Why do you look like something just happened that you didn't anticipate?"

"I thought you would pretend not to see me."

Lisa hmphed. So there was a little self-awareness there. "Anything to say to me?”

“Um... did you see the article?”

“I saw it. The paparazzi’s technique sucked. Your face looked distorted.”

Jungkook was silent. He seemed to be organizing what to say. "The dinner with Song Jin was just a dinner. You were there at the hotel incident, so I've already explained that. And as for visiting her home, I went there to tell her not to look for you again."

Lisa raised an eyebrow when she heard this part. "You did that?"

"Didn't you say you never wanted to see her again?"

Lisa turned to look out of the window and said nothing. The car was quiet for a while. Then she asked, "Any reporters surrounding you at the university?"

He frowned to hear her mention this. "There was a group outside the dormitory today, and the headmaster addressed me specifically about it as well."

She gave him a sideways glance. "He won't fire you, will he?"

"Nothing so serious. He asked me to settle this matter as soon as possible."

Lisa snorted. "How are you going to solve it? Do you think those reporters really want an explanation from you? All they want is a topic." She paused and asked anxiously, "What did you say to them?"

"I gave them the Sylvester theorem."

Lisa: "..."

She could see the reporter's expression in her head.
She pursed her lips. "For entertainment, they can translate whatever you say into what they want to hear, and things might then get worse. Anyway, that's what the entertainment circle is like. Just wait it out. They'll eventually forget about it and pay attention elsewhere."

Jungkook nodded.

"But that was disgusting of Song Jin." If Jungkook hadn't been able to cope with the reporters, what would those people playing around in the showbiz industry have done? There hadn't been any sound from her so far. Was she using this as hype? Lisa frowned, and said to Jungkook, "Give me your phone."

"What?" Though doubtful, he handed over his phone. Lisa opened the contact list and scrolled through. Then she glanced at him, "There was indeed a phone call from Song Jin."

Jungkook: "..."

It was impossible to guard against this person.

Lisa tapped on Song Jin’s name and called her back. It was quickly answered, and she heard Song Jin’s voice through the receiver. "Senior Jeon?"

"Hah, I'm not your Senior Jeon. I'm Lisa." A fake smile spread across Lisa's face, "Miss Song, I don't know if you were the one behind the rumours on Weibo, but I hope you know that this has caused a lot of trouble for Professor Jeon. Do you know what being a teacher means? Professor Jeon is a university professor. Yet now he's on entertainment headlines, and gossiped about, and paired with popular female stars. How do you expect him to stand on the sacred podium in the future? How will he face his eager students? How will he respond to gossiping colleagues? He came crying to me today, saying that the headmaster confronted him in person and that he might be expelled from school or even the mathematics circle! How can he live, knowing nothing but mathematics? Do you expect him to sleep on the streets and die in poverty?"