43

The indoor lighting glanced off the ring, reflecting it's dazzling brilliance. From somewhere, Haruto seemed to hear the distant sound of a slap to the face.

The girl sat down in disgrace. Jungkook glanced around at the other students at the stage and asked flatly, "Any other students with questions?"
More than half of the previous students who had had their hands raised lowered them. Perhaps to avoid reliving the tragedy from just now, Jungkook chose a male student this time.

Lectures from guest experts in university had not only the simple goal of imparting knowledge but also the sharing of wisdom and life experience. Therefore, that male student held onto the microphone tightly and asked for advice with reverence, "Professor Jeon, how does one pursue a girl?"

Haruto almost burst out laughing. He was almost under the impression that Jungkook wasn't here to give a speech, but rather a press conference, with all the students sitting below pretending to be paparazzi.

Sneaking a peek at the podium, he could see the sublime look on the faces of the school leadership. Not in their wildest dreams must they have thought that they would see this scene at an expert's guest lecture.

Out of everyone on the stage, Jungkook was still the most calm. He surveyed the students before him, and through the expensive microphone, his icy voice flooded the hall. "If you are able to enter the university at the age of 14 and graduate at 22 with a doctorate, you will naturally know the answer."

Male student: "..."

But at 22-years-old, he was still an undergraduate.

He sat back down indignantly, and when the host once again invited questions, only a few hands rose. Haruto silently sighed. That classmate just now had had just too weak a mental stronghold. Professor Jeon had only been looking down on his IQ, not his appearance.

After two hits by Professor Jeon, the questions finally returned to normal. Sitting behind the podium, the anxious school leadership had just sighed quietly in relief when Haruto raised his hand.

Jungkook had noticed him as soon as he had first come in, and when he raised his hand, the host spotted him as well. Seeing this handsome young man standing at the end of the hall, actively searching for knowledge, she had the microphone passed to him.
It took a while for the microphone to get to Haruto. He tested it out before fixing his eyes on Jungkook. "I would like to ask Professor Jeon what is more important to him? His wife? Or Goldbach?”

The school leadership felt like flipping over the table. Had all the students been kicked in the head by donkeys?! He didn't want to admit to being a leader in this school! No, he just couldn't admit that they were all students in this school!

Fortunately, Professor Jeon was accustomed to drama. Even confronted by tough questions, he did not even frown. "My wife, of course. I'm not married to Goldbach."

A titter rippled through the students, as if afraid that someone else would come up with some exotic question. The school leadership shot the host a veiled look. Picking up on the signal, she hurriedly announced that the question and answer session was over.

Once the speech came to a close, the students began to leave. The school had wanted to take Jungkook out to lunch, but he politely declined, making his way to his parked car upon leaving the hall.

He ran into Haruto halfway. Jungkook did not delve into the matter of whether he had been specifically waiting there. Hands in his pockets, Haruto walked up casually and asked, "Professor Jeon, I hear you've divorced. Why do you still carry your wedding ring around? Do you plan to remarry?"

"I am pursuing your sister again."

Though his voice sounded no different from when he was giving his speech, Haruto’s heart was stunned. He looked at him like he was looking at the Eighth Wonder of the World. “Pursuing my sister? Aren't people in your IQ realm not interested in secular love?"