49

Saturday was the day that they would retake their wedding photos at the studio. Jungkook dug Lisa out of bed early in the morning. Still dreaming and quite dissatisfied with being woken up, she ran her fingers through her hair and complained, "Why are you in such a hurry? Let me sleep a little longer."

Jungkook threw a set of clothes onto her. "Of course I'm in a hurry. Did you want to wait to take them until you're visibly pregnant?"

Lisa grabbed onto the clothes he had thrown, frowning. "Jungkook, you said you wouldn't abandon me!"
He nodded quite casually. "But I can't guarantee that the photographer won't."

Lisa bared her teeth at him and began to change.

Breakfast was Jungkook's home-baked whole-grain bread accompanied by a small bowl of porridge. Lisa bolted to the toilet to vomit after consuming just half. He followed her hastily into the bathroom with a cup of warm water and squatted beside her, stroking her back with one hand.

Lisa rinsed her mouth out with clean water after throwing up and turned to look at him. Her large and misty eyes seemed to be brimming with tears. "This is all your fault for making me so angry this morning!"

Jungkook helped her wipe the water from her lips, eyes full of distress. "It’s my fault. The kid is working hard." He took the mug of water from her hand and took her into his arms, rubbing her back.

Feeling much more comfortable after throwing up, Lisa only snorted into his chest before following him back to the dining room. There was still some breakfast left. He poured her another glass of lemonade. "Darling, did you still want to eat breakfast?"

Lisa thought for a moment. "Well... maybe not the bread. But I'll drink the porridge."

"Will you throw up again?" Jungkook asked, a little worried.

Lisa took a sip of lemonade. The fresh tartness of it overshadowed the recent gross taste in her mouth. "I shouldn't." As she spoke, she picked up a spoon and scooped up a spoonful, putting it into her mouth. Jungkook watched her, frowning. "If you're not feeling well today, we can always reschedule the photo taking."

"No, right now is the peak of wedding season, and it's difficult to make an appointment at the photo studio. Vomiting during pregnancy is normal, you don't need to fuss over it."

Lisa's mouth is was full of porridge, and the words she said were difficult to make out. Jungkook said nothing, merely stepped forward gently to embrace her and bending down, kissed her on her forehead.

The feeling of being cherished rippled through Lisa's heart. That sweet, cloying feeling within overflowed, and a smile came unbidden to her lips. She knew that Jungkook was going to great trouble for her during this period in time, not only doing all the housework but also taking care of her with great attention to detail.

Once she had woken in the middle of the night and found him gone. She had searched for him and found him in the study, writing a paper. Lisa knew that university professors had a requirement for how many papers they should publish each year, and let not mention that Professor Jeon had always loved writing them. He had once told her that Euler had written over 800 pages each year on average, even insisting on dictating them after having lost his sight.

Like his idol, Jungkook often locked himself in the study for weeks on end, writing papers. Lisa had had no small amount of quarrels with him over the matter before, yet his enthusiasm for writing them remained undiminished. Now, in order to take care of her, was he secretly writing at night after she fell asleep?

After that day, Lisa began going to bed earlier. She decided that after Curly-baby's birth, if Professor Jeon wished to lock himself up in the study to write papers, she would no longer pick a fight with him.