23

Jungkook's Audi screeched to a stop at the hotel entrance. He opened the door of the passenger seat and tossed Lisa in. The whole process went very smoothly.

There was a small pink pillow on the front passenger seat which belonged to Lisa. She looked at it in a slight daze, listening to Jungkook slamming the door shut behind her. Then, letting out a huff, she placed the pillow on her lap and fastened her seat belt.

Jungkook remained sullen even after getting back on, driving out without a word. He said nothing, and neither did she initiate a conversation. Before long, her cell phone rang - digging it out of her bag, she realized that the call was from Eunwoo.

She glanced over at Jungkook, hung up, and sent a text. "I'll contact you later."

Just as her screen showed that the message had been successfully sent, the phone rang again. This time it was Rosé. "Where on earth did you go?"

Lisa whispered, "I've got something urgent to do for just a minute. You go on first, don't wait for me."

At the other end of the phone, Rosé frowned. "What's so important that you had to hurry off like that?"

"I'll tell you later." She hung up and continued to silently stare out the window.

Jungkook had just dragged Lisa out in a fit of pique. He didn't actually have a destination, and could only circle aimlessly around the block. As he began his third lap, Lisa finally couldn't help but ask, "Are you lost?"

Though his eyebrows twitched, he didn't even glance over toward her, continuing to circle the area. On the fifth lap, the traffic police stopped his car and knocked on the window to ask, "Sir, are you lost?"

Jungkook: "..."

"Pfttt." Over in the passenger seat, Lisa couldn't stop herself from sniggering. The traffic police checked his ID and license before releasing them.

Only when the car moved out again did Jungkook finally speak. "What were you doing at that hotel?"

Lisa had a good laugh. "Mr. Jeon, do you happen to own that hotel? It does have a restaurant, you know. People are allowed to go in and eat there."

"Must you get a room just to eat?"

"That isn't my room. You can ask Eunwoo if you like."

A brow raised. After a moment of silence, he told her, "I came to pick up my mother's friend. Song Jin met me in the corridor."

Lisa snorted. "Do you think the tabloids will believe that?"

"I don't care if they do or don't."

His voice was like broken glass shattering in the car. Lisa silently molded the pillow in her hand into various shapes before his cool voice once again fell on her ears. “Why the new haircut?”

The question cut Lisa's heart like a knife. She sneered mockingly at Jungkook. "Why, do you not like it anymore since it isn't like how your first love wore it?"

Jungkook frowned. "Do you even know what you're talking about?”

Lisa felt vexed for no apparent reason, and her attitude followed suit. “Shouldn't you know what I'm talking about? Mr. Jeon, didn't you marry me just because I look like Song Jin? So much for love at at first sight! Don't think others are easily fooled just because you've got some high IQ!"

His grip tightened on the steering wheel. Turning his head, he glared at Lisa. "What formula did you use to reach this conclusion?"

Lisa blew her top. "Don't you start in with Goldbach at me! It was all over the tabloids! Are you still expecting me to believe otherwise?"