29

Lisa pulled out her new HoneyPeach 10, in which a new SIM card had already been installed, but all her contacts had been lost.

However, she had long known Jungkook's phone number by heart.
He picked up the phone after two rings. "What is it?"

"Professor Jeon, you left your bank card in a pocket of my wallet."

Jungkook paused. "I've got no time to pick it up at the moment. Keep it with you for now. The password has not changed."

Lisa blinked, and from her mouth broke a little smile. Jungkook waited a while, and when she did not respond, asked, "Anything else?"

"No, nothing."

"See you then."

He really did hang up. Lisa listened to the busy tone from the other end before leaning back onto the sofa and laughing. When she had laughed her fill, she got up and plugged her phone in to charge. Upon entering the bedroom, she noticed one less pillow on the bed.

Her first reaction was to worry about there having been a thief. Yet looking about the room, she found nothing missing but the one pillow. Surely no thief could be so carefree as to come in just to steal one of her pillows?

Having dismissed the idea of a thief, the only other person who had come in here over the past few days was... Jungkook.

Lisa exhaled a sigh full of ridicule, then returned to the living room to call him again. "Did you take a pillow?"

Without turning a hair, he told her, "Pillows are public property. I think it's quite fair for me to have one."

She was torn between amusement and anger. Really, a rice cooker or a microwave would have been understandable, but what would he need a pillow for? "But the one you took was mine."

"Is it? I may have gotten it wrong. But I don't have the time to give it back to you anytime soon."

Lisa let out a breath. "You can keep it if you like. You don't need to give it back to me."

On the other hand, Jungkook silently smiled. Lisa hung up and changed, sitting down in front of the computer.

She opened the desk drawer and placed his bank card beside her salary card. On the far right sat a wedding ring. She stared at the contents of the drawer a little while before closing the drawer and tapping on the little Weibo penguin.

"I've lost my phone, but my number hasn't changed. Please send me a text with your name! Thanks."

Once this statement had been sent out, she tapped the Calabash Babies avatar from her friend list.

"Mina, will you arrange another class for me? And is there anyone else who's recently asked for a manuscript? qaq"

Calabash Twins: "Lili, are you ill? I can't get used to this diligence."

Calabash Twins: "Oh my God, I just saw that your phone was stolen???"

"Together with my wallet, qaq." Lisa avoided saying that she had been robbed. It was such a bloody word - 'stolen' was much more manageable.

Calabash Twins: "Was it stolen on the bus? You've got to remember to hold your bags in front of you! Thieves are amazing at their craft nowadays!"

Calabash Twins: "There's a new class on Monday, but if I assign it to you, you'll only have Friday nights off every week. Are you sure you can do it?"

"Mm!"

Calabash Twins: "...It's weird, but I somehow feel like you're still in a great mood even after having your stuff stolen. I'll ask about the manuscript for you and give you a reply later."