Epilogue 4

Epilogue 4 - Mommy Isn't Home Today (part 1)

Friday was the anniversary of the school's founding, so all the students had the day off, and the teachers a three-day, two-night hot spring trip.
On Thursday night, Lisa packed up all the things she needed for her trip. Jungkook stood watching, face as gloomy as a cloudy night.

"Pay attention to your own safety when you go out to play. And never drink."

Folding a coat, Lisa said somewhat helplessly, "I know, you've said so seven times already."

"Call me every day to report your whereabouts."

"Mnn...... "

"No, three times a day just to be safe. Morning, noon, and evening."

"...... "

"Are the hot springs mixed-gender?"

"I think so. "

Jungkook said nothing, but the air pressure dropped. Squeezing in through the unlocked door, Jeon Seol hugged his mother's thigh. "Mommy, aren't you coming to parent activity day at kindergarten tomorrow?"

Lisa put down her clothes, knelt, and ruffled his hair. "Mommy has to go traveling with the school tomorrow and can't go to the activity day. Your Daddy will go to school with you tomorrow. Mommy's always gone with you before, so now it's his turn."

Jeon Seol pressed his lips together in injustice, darting a cold look toward Jungkook, who was standing next to the closet.

Jungkook received the look and said, no expression on his face, "You don't seem to want me to go, and I still have a paper to finish."

Lisa turned to him and said in a warning tone, "All the other kids will have parents there. You can't let Curly-baby go alone."

Draping himself over Lisa, Jeon Seol said pathetically, "Curly-baby wants to go with Mommy."

Those little eyes almost melted her heart. Looking into his large, bright eyes, she thought to herself that she hadn't eaten all those catties of grapes for nothing.

Pinching his cheeks, she appeased, "Be good now, Curly-baby, Mommy will be back in three days, and I'll bring you lots of presents."

Jeon Seol lay draped over her, and said nothing. Could he even live for three days just living with his father?
He began worming his way in. "Then I'll sleep with Mommy tonight."

"No." Jungkook refused. Jeon Seol's face collapsed. He stared pathetically at Lisa, but before she could receive his signal, he was thrown out the door by his collar.

The bedroom door closed before him.
Jeon Seol: "..."

This world really wasn't friendly at all.

Inside the room, Professor Jeon was using practical actions to prove that the world could actually be very loving indeed.

Perhaps due to thinking of her absence for the next three days, Jungkook's attentions were particularly lingering that evening. Lisa pushed him off and frowned. "I'm going to the hot springs tomorrow, and now my body's full of hickeys. Everyone's going to see."
Jungkook raised his head a little and met her eyes. He smiled, "I'll be careful to leave no traces."

Lisa: "..."

No matter how lingering Professor Jeon was, the sun rose as usual the next morning. A small pink suitcase in hand, Lisa waved to Jungkook and Curly-baby, then rushed happily off to the school.

Once the door closed, Jungkook looked down at Jeon Seol, standing at the door in his pajamas and urged, "Go change clothes, then come down for breakfast."