Chapter 5: Tension

My eyes shift towards the direction of which Diana was pointing, noticing his slightly unbuttoned shirt and those fingers swirled around a glass of whiskey. His lips touched the surface of it and drunk a small amount of liquid. His gaze was only on me.

My anger raised, the audacity he carries to look at me after what he did on track, after what he had said on the private room. The irony.

I couldn't hold this anger in, every inch of me expresssd it to the out word with this characteristic glare aiming at his annoying little grin.

He had been ignoring everyone in that table, all his friends but as I noticed his lame companion my irritation got worse. Giovanni, his childhood friend was by his side, the second most annoying person alive. Adrian's other half and the one person who always tried to flirt with me using the lamest catch up words.

But this time Giovanni wasn't the one staring.

"Does he want to get his nose bleeding tonight?" I growled gazing directly at him.
"Get your ass up and go tell him to stop looking at me!" My voice was direct, ordering her in a high pinched voice, looking like a little grumpy kid.

"Relax!"She sounds irritated as long as frustrated as she stands up, not wanting to have another night of chaos with me and Adrian.

Then, she strolled heading to their table, directly to him while my attention is on her and only.

I suppress my frustration when I realise how welcoming she was being towards them instead of sending them to hell straight ahead. Worst part, Adrian still had those pair of blue eyes on me.

She grinned from ear to ear, a strong and powerful smile towards Adrian frame while he finally broke the painful eye contact.

Her lips brushed against his ear and her eyes stuck on me, whispering something which made his gaze meet mine. A ruthless stare by my side, on the contrary his expression showed entertainment as well as confidence.

A weird sensation crawls on my chest making my stomach to ache from fury and the more my eyes analysed the two of them so close together, something in me was twisting in a bad way.

My lips pursed in a straight line and my eyes giving glares to both of them like sharp knifes.

I keep my head up, sit there and wait for my company to come back with patience. Unlimited patience.

She finally backs off of his ear and then they both observe me, Adrian giggles playfully forcing a more upset mask on my Face.

I felt this urge, I couldn't hold it back and I found myself aiming my middle finger up and making sure he saw my intentions, a sweet grin also full of irony combining this sweet action of love.

With this action he ignored, he went ahead and whispered something specific in Diana's ear, her reaction caught me off guard, laughing and blushing with whatever he told her. My patience started running low.

Are they flirting in front of my eyes?

How dare they?

Only god knows what he may say to her to make her react that way, one thing is certain, he was doing this to get under my skin although I didn't want to let him access my feelings I couldn't help but feel a certain annoyance. I rubbed my fingers together still glaring.

I wonder what they may talk about, what was so serious that made her blush and act so flirty around him. I wonder what he was doing to my best friend.

Diana winked at him one last time before  sauntering back and facing me with this anxiety and cruelty pictured in my features. I'm really excited to hear what he had to say to her that's so funny to make her blush.