11: Present Day

"So, uh, what happened to hi and goodbye?"

Jimin's sweetness is one you appreciate so much, especially as your personal assistant who needs to keep you grounded and also distracted. But his knowing, slightly disappointed look isn't one you like at all.

You act innocent as you ask over the screen what he means.

"Well, let me answer it for you," he sighs. "That plan sucked! I don't even know why you thought it was a good one and that you'll even sustain it. Clearly, sleeping at his place and then inviting him over to yours are way off the mark. Are we having a change of heart, my dear? Should I drive over there and stop you?"

"Why would you stop me?"

"Excuse me? What do you mean, why would I?" He gasps.

If he had the heart for it, he could really become an actor.

"I don't have to remind you of the last time you were in that town, ___. I mean, I wasn't there but drunk you gave me the lowdown too many times and I am committed to making sure you don't get your heart broken again. He clearly still has an effect on you."

"Insofar as reminding me that my dreams are valid and that I'm important and cared for? Yes, Yoongi still affects me very much," you counter. "And I don't see that as a problem."

"The fact that he's your ex and that you loved him greatly isn't a problem?" He gasps again. "In what world is that not a problem? Please enlighten me."

"In a world where I understand why we had to break up and where he's moved on and so have I and we're adults who can clearly move on from things and talk about our past like mature, non-horny individuals," you recite in one breath. "It exists, you know?"

"Okay, I'm going to ignore the opposite of your implication of adding non-horny because that means there's a possibility of horny," Jimin groans. "You're an adult, I don't need to tell you shit but please, please be careful. I know you."

"What does that mean!" You frown.

"It means I know your brain has to constantly make justifications for every action you make and once it does, you hold onto it," he replies. "Why you continue to see him is obviously based on some reason you have that may be justifiable and that's just gonna push you to keep seeing him. And seeing him. Until who knows what'll happen?"

"I'm actually not thinking of what happens after because I'm here just for the next 4 weeks," you reason. "I'm here temporarily, just waiting to spend enough time with family so I'd stop feeling guilty about never visiting, and preparing myself for the next project that'll come around. My brain doesn't have the capacity to think of what will happen after here. There's no here for me anymore."

"Okay, whatever makes you sleep at night."

"It does," immediately catching yourself in a lie. You just aren't in the right emotional space to question yourself. "Anyway, how are you? Are you enjoying your vacation?"

"Yes," he smiles. "Busan was great and I ate a lot of food. I passed by the agency today, though."

"Why?" You pout. "I clearly said, no work for you this entire 2 months!"

"I just sorted through your mail," he answers. "My brother and I are in Seoul for a day before we fly to Hong Kong tomorrow and thought to just go through them so I won't have to deal with 2 months' worth when I get back."

"Fine," you sigh. "Anything interesting?"

"Usual letters and stuffed toys. There are some packages, too. I had security scan them and they're all fine. You got roses as well. Most of them have withered, I'm sorry."