32: Post Credits

##

1.5 years later

You walk past the hallways to head outside the airport, large luggage in one hand and a small one on the other.

Your phone rings and Jimin is on the other end, asking if your flight was alright and if the weather is good. You give him a lowdown of the past 18 hours, including your lovely encounter with a Korean-American family during your Minneapolis layover. Their 6-year old is apparently a fan of yours after you did a stint of hosting her favorite Korean variety TV show, and your heart soared when she told you that she wants to be funny and beautiful like you. You found it amusing that doing cute poses and laughing your way through every episode was entertaining enough for her.

"That's adorable," Jimin chirps. "I love how your fanbase gets younger every year. You started with grandparents and now you've got 6-year olds under your spell."

"It's amazing, isn't it?" You laugh. "I just hope these kids don't watch my latest movie because it's gonna terrify them."

"Yeah, at least keep the variety shows to entertain the babies," he chuckles. "I already told Hoseok that you want to guest-host again. There are a couple of shows that want you onboard."

"Ah, that's great," you beam. "I need as much joy and laughter in my life after that last project. That took so much out of me."

"It did, didn't it?" Jimin hums. "But it's got the media buzzing about you again. So much for that one so-called journalist who claimed that you're one-dimensional and can't do anything other than romance because you're only good at being in love. Let me smack her face with all the good reviews about your latest role so she can shut her one-dimensional mouth."

You giggle at Jimin's words, his protective nature soothing you like it always does. You remember when that article about you came out after you starred in a mini-series, a project you had after the show you filmed in Paris, which did turn out to be your biggest break then. Your role in that drama had you falling in love with someone from a rival family, one of the show's major plot points, and that journalist went off about your supposed versatility being premised on the emotions of being in love. You can't really do much outside of it, she said, and it was that same day when you got the lead role for a psychological thriller, with the industry's eyes on you to see if you're able to handle a character that's so different from what you're used to.

And well, it's safe to say you blew their minds. Even you didn't think you could do that well, but you pushed hard, not only to prove yourself to them but to challenge yourself, knowing that there's more to learn and showcase even after 10 years of being in the industry.

The reviews showed that you delivered. Critics praised your acting, saying how disturbed they felt during specific scenes, and that was a compliment for you, knowing that was the goal. The movie was even shown in a recent foreign Film Festival, and the praises are still coming; Jimin's been the one sending you every article and post he could find, and he's been nothing short of amazing when it comes to encouraging and praising you himself for another successful project.

It wasn't without its difficulties though, as getting into character meant you had to immerse yourself in its darkness, in the disturbing themes that ate away at you sometimes. It was Yoongi who'd been the one to bring you out to the light every time - sending you flowers while on set, giving you a bath after every filming so you're not left in your own mind, holding you close whenever you slept, and driving you out during days off. It was hard but it was worth it, as you felt liberated from all the negative emotions once filming wrapped up.

Yoongi was supportive all throughout - including all the promotions you had to do and the moments of doubt you'd have about your performance. He held your hand during the premiere and took you to the mountains for a weekend to escape it all for a while. Other than the amazing sex you had and the time away from everyone, you both spent those days wrapped up in each other's arms, easing back to your normal lives that didn't include you randomly crying at night or losing sleep from your tiring schedule.