15: Present Day

##

Taehyung, sitting in front of you at the Japanese restaurant for his treat, scans the menu then glances up at you and Yoongi going through your orders. He listens as you try to decide between 2 dishes, with the man next to you choosing the one you don't get.

"What are you getting?" You ask your best friend.

"Hmm," he sets the menu down. "I'm getting a 'what the fuck is happening,' please."

You blink widely at him as the words process. "What?"

With crossed arms, Taehyung arches his brow.

"Arriving at the restaurant together? Sitting so close to each other? Sharing food?" His eyes focus on you, with a tinge of judgment that you've rarely ever seen on him. "Smiling like you're that 20-year old woman in love? Are you two back together?"

You don't know if you've just forgotten how observant Taehyung is, or if you and Yoongi are back in that bubble you used to have that makes you unaware of how couple-y you both are. You turn to the man next to you who gives you an assured look.

"Your call," Yoongi says.

"Your call?" Taehyung repeats, gasping. "That's basically an admission!"

"Oh, stop being so dramatic!" You roll your eyes. "It's not the worst news you've ever received."

"So it's true?" He badgers. "You're back together? Since when? How?"

"Last night. I returned his jackets, hung out at his place, got to talking, kissed... Do you want details?" You challenge him.

"No!" Taehyung scowls.

"Then why are you asking so many questions!" You exclaim. "And why are you being judgy?"

"I'm not!" He defends. "It's just... it's been a full day since you got back together and you didn't think to tell me? Your best friend in the entire world?"

"Well, we were busy," you shrug.

"I didn't need to know that," he frowns.

"You were asking."

"Just to clarify," Yoongi butts in. "She woke up early in the morning and planned to leave after we, uh, you know. We only talked about our situation then. So technically, it hasn't been a day."

"What?" Taehyung exclaims, turning to you. "You planned to dip and skip your ex?!"

"Can you lower your voice?!" You kick his shin. "And no, I wasn't gonna leave," you say to Yoongi now. "I mean, I did stop because I wanted to stay. But that's besides the point."

"And the point is what?" Taehyung asks.

"That Yoongi and I weren't actually good with the 'moving on from each other' thing. We still feel something towards each other and we decided to just see where things go from here."

"So just like that summer... but older. Hmm," Taehyung hums, his eyes moving from you to your right, as if he's deciding whether to be happy for you or to berate you.

"Just like that summer," you repeat, "but more mature, with a past we can learn from. And... happier," you admit, as you look at Yoongi and once again feel the overwhelming emotion of love and joy. "I'm really happy, Tae. The last time I truly, and I mean truly, felt that... was here."

You feel Yoongi tighten his hold on your hand underneath the table, as if some confirmation that it's the same with him.

Taehyung gives in. His whole face that was tense just seconds ago now softens, as he looks at you and recalls how this carefree and genuine smile of yours was a staple everyday during that summer. It's been tough since you arrived here, but seeing how you're glowing right now reminds him that only one Min Yoongi can ever make you look this happy. That's at least one thing that Taehyung won't ever deny nor take away from you.