23: Rewind

##

7 years ago

You stand in front of the mirror and gaze at the woman looking back at you. Donned in a blush dress, pearl earrings, and a cream-colored scarf as a headband on your hair, you think you look pretty great. Elegant is a word you could use; you always took after your mom's style and people described her as such. Some of your instructors think the same, but all that matters is what one specific man thinks.

Your phone beeps to tell you he's arrived, so you grab your bags and head out the door.

"Going out again?" Your father's voice stops you, but you sense only curiosity in his tone.

"Yup, and I'm sleeping over at Tae's," you lie; he's the perfect alibi, really. "Bye!"

You turn away and skip outside, towards the car that's parked across the street. Routinely, Yoongi drives away immediately in case your father decides to check who's picking you up, and it's on the first stoplight right as you exit your neighborhood that you turn to the man next to you and kiss his cheek.

"Happy anniversary, baby," you smile.

Yoongi's eyes trace your face and your body as he smiles back. "Happy anniversary, jagi. You look really beautiful."

You feel the heat rush to your cheeks. Your boyfriend usually compliments you when his head's buried in your neck since he tends to get shy, so when he says those words while he gazes at you, you can't help but feel flustered, an effect he just has on you.

It's been a year since you both admitted your feelings for each other and you get to celebrate that today with a stay-in movie afternoon and dinner at the restaurant where he took you on that first fancy date.

Yoongi says he was supposed to cook for you for lunch but decided instead to go to the cafe you went to after that spin-the-bottle make-out session.

"It's where it all started," he says as he pulls up at the place.

"Where it started was actually Jungkook's apartment," you correct him.

"Technically, it started in the gym where we had our game," he counters.

"Right. Where you got hit by the ball because you were so smitten by me," you tease.

"Yah," he pouts. "You have broken my trust because you told Taehyung about that."

"It makes me giddy, I couldn't help it," you giggle.

You go through lunch with your usual stories and banter and then head to his apartment, which looks much cozier than you remember it being 2 days ago when you were last here. There's a vase with marigolds on the dining table, throw pillows on the floor, and comfy blankets on his tiny couch. There's even a popcorn machine and mood lights that he got for the occasion.

"Baby, what's all this?" You smile, pulling him close.

Wrapping his arms around your waist, he shrugs. "Just thought I'd clean up a bit."

"It's perfect," you say, embracing him for a deep kiss.

You make yourself comfortable on the couch as you curl into him. You finally decide your choice of movie to be Love and Other Drugs, which makes you bawl your eyes out, and that's followed by Yoongi's choice of Love and Basketball, which makes him quite emotional.

Once you've both sorted your feelings out and kissed until you ran out of breath, you head to the restaurant for dinner and eat something fancier than what you had the last time. When Yoongi asks for the bill, the server informs him that one Mr. Min has settled it.