24: Present Day

##

The sunlight in Paris is different from the one you're used to back in Seoul. Maybe it has much to do with the mid-rise buildings that allow you a peek into the streets that are prettier from afar, or the intricate apartment exteriors surrounding your own, or the fact that the Eiffel Tower stands some kilometers from you and somehow that makes everything a little more magical and romantic. Perhaps it's all of those, and the fact that after one month in, you've somehow found your place in the city.

Everything went by so fast during your last week at home. After leaving Daegu, you spent days trying to fit 7 months' worth of your belongings in a couple of bags, attended last-minute meetings and quick events, and spent as much time as you could with Taehyung and Jin who were surprised to learn that they didn't need to comfort you as much as they expected.

Saying goodbye to Yoongi this time felt different. While the early emotions of disappointment and sadness were just as overwhelming, they were quick to transition into acceptance that accompanied a kind of joy you could only get from feeling a certain type of love more than once.

What you felt for him was transformative in a kind of way, leaving with you the thought that you're able to love something and someone more than your dreams, and what he made you feel seemed like the same - contrary to what the younger version of you thought, Yoongi letting you go showed the sacrificing kind of love that allowed you to pursue something beyond what you could have ever imagined.

You're in Paris, about to film the most anticipated series of the year, and he put you over the dreams he had for the both of you. You knew he'd never ask you to stay even if you wanted to hear the words for the sake of it, just so you'd know that a part of him wanted nothing more than to be together, even if he'd cast that as selfish on his part. And even then, you wouldn't fault him for it. If it were the other way around, you'd have let him go, too.

Maybe in 10 years or in another lifetime, you think to yourself. After everything, there's not a bone in you that believes that you and Yoongi aren't meant to be together in some way. The hopefulness is comforting more than anything. It reminds you that somewhere in the world, there's at least one more person who believes in what you could do, and that there's one man out there who loved you enough to put you above himself.

"You picked up breakfast?" You hear Jimin groan from inside, breaking through your thoughts. "___, stop doing my job."

You laugh at his frowning face as he sits next to you on the balcony with his own piece of danish and cup of coffee. He sleepily munches on his pastry then slowly smiles as he takes in the scenery. Even he will never truly get used to this.

"Paris is beautiful," he hums. "It's got its city flaws but it's still charming. Thanks for taking me."

"I had to," you chuckle. "Filming hasn't even started but everything's already hectic. I don't think I'd get anything done nor figured out without you. Plus, who'll be there to remind me that it's normal to accept a breakup but still be sad about it every once in a while?"

Jimin turns to you with a proud look on his face. It has been busy. Between your 4 times-a-week French and ballet classes, table readings, meet ups with the crew and actors, and occasional meetings with Hoseok over some photoshoots, your days are packed and that means his days are, too. But they're enough to keep you preoccupied, he thinks, as you don't talk about the breakup all that much, nor do you cry about it.

You'd mentioned it in passing only a handful of times since you both arrived, including today. Sometimes though, you'd have a moment of remembering, zoning out for a bit and then smiling faintly. Jimin thinks it's your way of moving on - with a thankful heart this time; hopeful, too, sometimes, but still happy. There seems to be understanding, and maybe that has to do with what's ahead of you. You've talked about how big a deal this series is; sometimes you still can't really believe it.