CHPT 1--MY ACADEMY

WHEN I AWOKE THAT MORNING

I could feel the eyes of someone on me, used to the feeling by now didn't bother me, what did, however, was the fact that my alarm read 15 minutes past the time was that I usually got up.

I snort "Guess I'm not going to school today." but before I could even lie back down on my bed, I was suddenly thrown towards the door. I roll my eyes as I peel myself from the door, getting up to go brush my teeth and wash my face.

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

As I finish pulling on my socks and shoes I hear a knock at my door, opening up to reveal my dad.

he smiles as he comes in, with his hands behind his back before he starts to speak

"Good morning goober, you all set?" he says, I nod, rising from my bed before trying to peer at what he's holding behind his back, once he realizes what I'm doing he holds my head back with one of his hands

he tuts at this, telling me to be patient, and I grumble in response, but stand still nonetheless. " since today is your first official day at such a 'prestigious highschool', I decided you'd need something to remind you of us!" he's beaming at this point, and if he smiled any brighter id surely become blinded.

Dad tells me to close my eyes as I feel him clip something around my wrist, it was cold, but weirdly enough felt familiar. I open my eyes once he tells me I could and look down at the bracelet on my wrist. It was rose gold and had clips of both my mom's and dad's hero symbol, with all of our initials. I smile when I look at it, before turning to my dad, whose arms were spread for a hug, and embracing him for a couple of seconds before he ushers me out the door of our home.

the ride to school was peaceful, the sun rising up as soft tunes played on the radio, the summer air on my face as I had the window rolled down. My dad turns the radio down as we approach the towering school building, and he speaks

" your first day at a new school, I can already feel the tears!" he says, unlocking the doors. We both stepped out of the car. he bends down to my height, putting his hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. " I know I'm more of the goofy type than the sentimental type but, just know that your mom and I will always have your back, no matter what. Okay, goober?" I nod, before I hug him one last time, telling him I love him before I turn to the school. I hear him shout " CALL IF YOU NEED US" before I hear our car start and eventually fade. Sighing, I try to hype myself up, failing miserably, and deciding to just get it over with.

'The day has barely started and I'm already 5 seconds away from throwing myself out of the nearest window '

I huff as I finally climb the last set of stairs, putting my hand against the wall and my other against my hip like that one Spongeboy meme, taking a breather before I finally get to my designated class. '317, huh? I just pray my classmates' aren't like my old ones."

I push open the door...

And that is where we end the first official chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

ill update when I can, this book is something I want to do for fun and experience!