CHPT 5 -- WHY NOT?

WE WERE PREPARED TO SEE THE SUB GO TODAY

but we were utterly unprepared to see our recently comatose teacher walk through that door.

"MR.TAKENADA??!!" Class 3-17 yelled in unison, shock evident on their faces. Momotaro turns to his students, his face bandaged and his left arm behind his back; everyone assumes he hides his missing limb.

He chuckles, waving his prosthetic arm, neon pink lines matching the ones he gets when using his quirk. Then, the class shrieks at him, asking him why he is here instead of resting at the hospital.

"why not?" he says, shrugging. His students deadpan at their teacher's lack of bodily care.

After the commotion is calmed down, everyone goes back to conversing, Mainly teasing one of their classmates, Louise.

"I-i uhm, I don't think I can choose-e in that s-situation.." the moth boy trails off, fiddling with his fingers as his face slowly reddens.

LOUISE CANTU-ANDAZOLA

QUIRK - MOTHMAN

THIS QUIRK GIVES THE USER MOTH-LIKE ATTRIBUTES!

THIS QUIRK ENABLES USERS TO TURN PEOPLE INTO MOTHS THAT WILL OBEY EVERY COMMAND!

"so basically, you're saying you'd let both Amari AND Y/N get sold on the black market? Wow, Louise, I thought you were the nice one !" a person with enormous blue wings hunches over, laughing. Their shaggy brown hair swayed with every shake of their body. Louise begins to shake his hands and head wildly, his face bright red. The tall boy frantically spoke, stuttering words in English before slumping his shoulders and covering his red face. "¿P-por qué si-iquiera l-lo inten-ento?*" he mutters, shaking his head.

A hand rubs his back, the owner snickering as their tails swish against the floor. Kenny apologizes to Louise as he sulks in his seat, no longer red-faced.

KENNETH MAXWELL

QUIRKS TWIN TAILS - TIGER BODY

THE USER HAS TWO TAILS!

THE USER CAN MAKE PARTS OF THEIR BODY AKIN TO A TIGER AND GAIN TIGER STRENGTH!

Louise removes his hands from his face, and his head still faces his lap. "...U-ustedes siguen bro-omeándome*" he says, looking up again, a small pout on his face. Rio apologizes to him, still snickering as Mr.Takenada calls the classes attention. " I'm glad to see you guys in high spirits again, but we still need to go over last week's notes for your upcoming tests-" he pauses to let the class groan, "for your honors and Ap classes, junior year is the hardest so Xarias given you all extra time to prepare. " he finishes, turning on the smart board and booting up Noogle classroom.

"After we're done, we have to go to the annex gym for training since Bases 0-3 are all closed off for the next month ." there was another chorus of groans.

00-----000-----00-----000---00

damini finishes zipping up her hero suit, the zip slider softly clanking against the teeth, as she gets up from the bench. Carmen completes clicking her boots to the rest of her hero suit as she stands, stretching her arms out as Rose walks past her; the girl's cape softly swishes as she goes to make sure she looks right in the mirror.

ROSE DOSIER

QUIRK- EXPLO LIMBS

THIS QUIRK GIVES THE USER EXPLODING LIMBS!

TO EXPLODE, THE USER MUST COME INTO CONTACT WITH A THING OR PERSON! USERS CAN ADD POWER BY CONTINUOUSLY PUNCHING OR KICKING WITHOUT TOUCHING ANYTHING!

There is a quick knock on the door, and Carmen gets up to answer it, revealing you behind it.

0----0-----0----0

I rock on the heels of my feet as I wait for the girls to finish getting ready, averting my eyes as someone sits on the bench next to me.

Amari puts her hand on my shoulder, and I can feel her smiling as she speaks. "what's up with you, N/N? Do their shoulders distract you? " she cackles, holding her stomach, and I snicker, shaking my head at her antics. "I just wanna be respectful to my classmates. I don't like it when people watch me either." she giggles, patting my head. "Such chivalry; I thought that died out ages ago." She gets up as the girls finish, her tail curling around her bag as she beckons me towards her and the door

00-----000-----00-----000---00

Mr.takenada is in his hero suit when we enter, minus his coat, and is stretching; at this sight, the class sighs (minus me, why are they sighing?)

Kenny is the first to speak, a grim look on his face. "This is it, guys, we're not getting out of this alive" Alex pulls out a coffin, "then ill make preparations early," he writes Kenny on the lid, his smile evil until a bone whacks his head. He swiftly turns to look at mitusko, who whistles while looking away.

"You guys ready? This session will be a bit harder now since I have a bit of metal attached to me, so I won't be fighting this time around, but-" he pauses, picking up a box with papers inside.

"you all will. Everyone will be in two separate teams, chosen by the ballots in this box" He walks to each of us, holding out the box as we pick a number between one or two. After we finished, he displayed our two teams.

TEAM ONE

G.AXTELL

R.DOSIER

N.DEL-ROSARIO

T.DONOVAN

M.VILANUEVA

S.SHIRAISHI

Z.CADENZ

K.TSUKKIKAGE

Y/N L/N

K.MAXWELL

A.KESHESHAO

TEAM TWO

R.ALMEIDA

L.CANTU-ANDAZOLA

G.COLE

A.KEITA

D.KEITA

T.SAITO

A.SUNAKIZAWA

K.DONOVAN

K.HAYASHIDA

C.REISER

F.VIATOLY

How would this training go as we split into teams?

I felt pumped up as we heard the countdown till the start.

I was ready for once in my life.

AND MY QUIRK WOULDN'T HOLD ME BACK THIS TIME.

---------------------

por qué siquiera lo intento? - why do I even try?

Ustedes siguen bromeándome - you guys keep teasing/kidding me