CHPT - 11 - THIS FEELING

The class had an air of excitement and camaraderie, as the Xaria Quirk Gala was a week away.

What is the quirk gala? Well, it's a festival xaria has every year to celebrate the quirks of the students here. With fun activities and heroes looking for interns or future sidekicks!

"Hey, Y/N, who do you think you'd intern under?" Damini asks me, and I shrug.
"There are loads to choose from," I list off heroes I can remember from the top of my head, "Amorette, King Koda, I don't know if Mr.Takenada counts, and I don't think number one would be interning-" I don't notice Damini sweatdropping as I ramble.

"What about The NightStars?" Takeada suggested, leaning onto my desk. "I think they fit your fighting style pretty well, N/N." I pause, my face scrunching up in thought. "The NightStars? I've never heard of them."

"They're -" I jump a bit as Gabriel appears behind us suddenly, and he blushes a bit, a slightly embarrassed look crossing his face. Damini giggles, and Takaeda's wispy eye upturned as if he was smiling. "Sorry, I was trying to tell you about The NightStars." He mutters, looking down at the desk.
"It's fine, Gabe. Would you tell me? I haven't heard of them at all."
He nods, pulling up a chair and sitting down across from me.

"The NightStars are a group of heroes that used to be the villain gang called LuminNox pirates." Takaeda buts in, "Yeah, they were supposed to go on deathrow! But they didn't kill anyone innocent, so people felt it was unlawful." Gabe nods, his lips pursed. "They were thieves, but the only casualties they caused were to big corporations that were preying on poor people -" Takeada lifts his head from the desk suddenly. "Do you remember that one chain of stores, Eldies I think it was called, the one with all the rip-off food brands?" I pause for a moment, thinking. "I heard of it, but I don't think I've ever gone to one."

Gabe raises an eyebrow before he has a look of realization across his face. "Oh, you're rich, I forgot." I sweatdrop.
"Haha, yeah... Anyways, what were you saying before about Eldie's?" Gabe smiles a bit, shaking his head with a sigh. "Well, Eldie's had all rip off brands of food for people on the less well of side at afforded prices, but one day an anonymous hacker exposed them for manufacturing foods with chemicals that were making people's quirks fade." My eyebrows knit together, a concerned look on my face.

"Like...actually?"
"Yeah, like, actually. Then when The LuminNox pirates were captured, it was found out that their second in command, Naszire Pangando was the one to leak the recipes and the correlations between fading quirks and the chemicals in Eldie's foods."

Damini speaks up, I almost forgot she was there. "But then the leader Armani Katlego took a deal. In exchange for them to be free, they'd have to become heroes under the AHS' watch."

Takeada has a thumbs up, his eye upturned. "Now they're heroes, and pretty good ones at that!" I'm silent for a few moments, pondering on what I've been told by my 3 classmates.

On one hand, these reformed heroes sound pretty cool, but there's one flaw in this.

"We can't pick whoever we get interned by, right?" Gabe shakes his head. "Nope, it's up to the heroes. Not to mention, most of them go for the kids at Lutheran Excel." Takaeda crosses his arms. "That just means we have to work harder!"

"Well, we're gonna be ready, no matter what." Damini gives us a determined smile, patting us with her tail. "We're all going to be the best we could possibly be."

//------//------//------//-------//------//-------//-------//

Today was the day, The gala was filled with parents, people heroes, and supporters of the school. My class and the other classes of Xaria were sat in different waiting rooms.

Some of us were nervous, and some were excited to show what they were made of. I was nervous, a nervous wreck, a 12 car pile-up that ended up in the ocean at night.

My knee bounced, anxieties about the way the festival would go. I had no idea what we would be participating in since it's randomized every year. Not to mention the fact that we'd be going up against

"Hey, L/N." Carmen greets, sitting beside me. "You look nervous."
"That's because I am, I mean, who wouldn't be?" I question, looking over to Carmen, who's smiling.

"Do you wanna know what makes me not nervous?" She asks, turning to me fully. I nod, silently waiting.

"Think about the quirk gala as a training meet-up for everyone. You don't have to worry about being the best, just worry about showing that you can do it, that you're capable."

Carmen was right

I was always capable

I just needed to show them