CHPT 8 -- INFERNO

2nd PERSON P.O.V

"you think they got 'em?."

Amari asks as she looks around at her surroundings. All she can see is buildings, buildings, and more buildings. her gaze slowly moving to the other two teammates near her.
A large explosion shakes the ground, Amari winces as she feels her body jerk from the force.

"What was that?" She says aloud, a soft smirk spreading on her face. "That was way louder than anything I've done.", Rose says, her voice filled with a certain excitement as she cracks her knuckles. Surya flinches, realizing who it was.

"Kenji, he just transformed, I know that sound from anywhere, and it sounds like-" Surya ducks just in time, his cousin's flaming hot foot searing past his head, into the wall behind him. Kenji stands, the flames from his body flicker as he turns, his white-hot smile seen from the flames.

"what the hell, Kenji!" Surya says, activating his quirk. Rose taps her fist on her thigh twice, building up firepower,  as Kenji cackles, moving one foot back into his battle stance.

"what? I'm on the villains' team, aren't I? Gotta play the part to a T, my dear cousin!" he says, snickering as he launches forwards, Surya ducks, sending his fist right into Kenji's stomach.

"Surya!" Rose shouts, gaining his attention, Surya turns with a raised eyebrow. Rose smirks, raising her red forearms about to release an explosion. "I need you to shoot fire at me!" Surya looks at her with disbelief on his face, but his eyes flicker from her to Kenji, who was getting up from the punch. he breathes in, before lifting his palm, and letting out a beam of heat, Rose smirks, punching her fists into it, before rushing to Kenji,  clapping her hands together and letting off a giant explosion that knocks him back. She pants, and Surya stares at Kenji in surprise before looking at Rose. 

"you're crazy." he says, going over to his cousin and tying him up with quirk-resistant rope. Rose laughs, before they both stop suddenly, their eyes going white. Takaeda reveals himself then, his hand on the backs of their necks, under his control. "𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠." he says, his voice phasing in and out for a moment. 

Amari breathes quietly, in her Andromeda form, the large deer-like monster breathes out, the hot air wafting over Takaeda's neck. He flinches, looking back. "𝐨𝐡, 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢. 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭-" The male raises his hand, lying it on The andromeda's face, but, instead of gaining control over its mind, it backfires, sending pain through his arm. He pulls it back quickly,  and The Andromeda cackles.

"ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴏʏ, ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱɪʟʟʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴛʀɪᴄᴋꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ." The beast speaks, before it lowers its rotting head down. "ꜱᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴛᴀᴋᴀᴇᴅᴀ, ᴏʀ ᴇʟꜱᴇ."

That's all it took,  he threw his hands up, before disappearing completely,  and reappearing next to the flag, his hand grasping the blue fabric. He raises his other hand, calling on Surya and Rose's controlled minds.

"𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐲𝐚, 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞." He says, and Surya raises his hand, summoning flames, while Rose taps the wall next to her, powering up her quirk. Takaeda grabs the flag before he phases away.

"BEEEEP- HEROES FLAG HAS BEEN STOLEN! GET BACK TO THE VILLAIN BASE TO WIN!" the robotic voice shouts, snapping Rose and Surya out of their mind control, and they immediately stop using their quirks. "wha-How?! we had kenji-" Amari speaks through the Andromeda now, a stark contrast to the gravelly voice of the beast. "Takaeda came with him, he was in ghost mode so we couldn't see him, and he was able to grab the flag! I've gotta go after him, let's go!" She says, dropping to the ground, letting her teammates climb on her back. "Hold your breath, and hold on tight." She says, before taking off