CHPT 7-- 19 DOLLAR BATTLE PASS

The buzzer beeps, and the annex gym forms a simulated version of a large city, my team, the heroes, are located on the east side, but we have no ideas where the villains are currently.

Our team leader is Rose since she currently has the highest grade marks out of all of us, and I'm sure she'll lead us to victory

"we're gonna lose."

scratch that, she'll lead us to a loss.

rose is pacing, her ginger hair frizzy from her gripping it, as she paces. Mitsuko watches her, a confused expression on his face.

"What do you mean we're gonna lose? I'm sure there's SOME way to beat them!" The boy exclaims, holding his arms out in exasperation. Rose shakes her head, letting out a sigh.

"they took nearly all of the powerhouses of our class, save for Surya, Y/N, And Amari! Plus, some of them are immune to fire-type quirks like Surya's, and in cases like Gabe or Takaeda, they can possess us if we get too close-" Surya cuts her off, his hand raised as if telling her to stop. "That just means we have to be smarter, not stronger." He says, and Rose seems to calm down. She nods, pumping her fist into her palm, letting out a breath, she speaks.

"Right, you're right. we have a chance, but we'll need to put our heads together, think as a group, not as instructors, and instructed." she says, and we all group together.

"So, how do you guys propose we go about this? we've gotta take down the flag, so any idea is good." Rose says, and Misuko speaks up, a small smile on his lips. "The powerhouses stay here as a last line of defense against our flag." he says, and Rose ponders for a moment before she nods. "I get it, but what will everyone else do?" She asks. I raise my hand.

Me and a girl, Za'kya, are on the move to the west of the simulation, scouting the area for any sign of villain activities, if we see any of the other team members, we have to radio our team back.

Za'kya Hayakawa-Cadenz

Quirk- Needle-Devil!

this user's quirk is the fear of needles, Trypanophobia!

The user is able to transform into the needle devil, Gaining needle arms, and a nail gun for a head!

a quirk passed down from a long line of people!

Za'kya has her hand near the pin on her neck, and we both stop, maneuvering behind a building, we peak over the corner, seeing Artemis and Damini. Za'kya smirks.

"We got 'em, radio back to base, Y/N." She whispers, hooking her finger into the pin on her neck, prepared to transform. I nod, putting my finger on the earpiece, I speak.

"This is Y/N, me and Za'kya found Damini and Artemis, what do you want us to do? Over." I say, and Mitsuko snickers over the line. "tell Za'kya to nail them to the wall, and tell her to stay there and keep watch, Tamiir is on his way to your location now, Over" he says, before we end the connection, I motion for Za'kya to transform, and step back.

She pulls the pin in her neck, and the goop forms around her head, forming a large nail gun, right as large needles rip from her arms, forming the Needle devil.

that reminds me of something, ill have to ask her later.

by now, damini and Artemis have spotted us, but it's too late. Za'kya revved up, before shooting nails out of the barrel of the nail gun, pinning damini to the wall, and Artemis to the ground, cuffing him so he can't use his quirk. I was about to high-five her, but that wouldn't be a good idea, so I give her a smile in thanks.

"Great job guys!" Damini says, despite being pinned to the wall, she smiles. "I realized we had most of the tanks on our team, so I was secretly rooting for you guys to win!" She says, and Artemis shakes his head, sighing. "Damini, you're supposed to act like a villain.." he mutters.

ARTEMIS SUNAKIZAWA

QUIRK, SANDIMALS

THE USER IS ABLE TO CREATE AND MANIPULATE SAND AND HAS THE ABILITY TO FORM DESERT ANIMALS AND CREATURES IN BATTLE

I chuckle, shaking my head before Tamiir comes up to us, nodding in admiration.

"nice, ya'll did good taking them down." he says, before motioning me to follow, waving za'kya goodbye as we leave.

TAMIIR DONOVAN

QUIRK - INK

USER IS ABLE TO USE THE INK THEY HAVE INSTEAD OF BLOOD AS A LIQUID, SOLID, OR STEAM, AND IS ABLE TO TRAVEL THROUGH LARGE AMOUNTS OF INK AS WELL!

"Misuko wanted me to tell you what's up before we do what we're about to do, okay?" He says, looking at me from the corner of his eye, and I nod.

"So basically, we have 'em surrounded, all sides, and once we get there, I gotta make a smoke screen with my ink, and you and Kurai gotta get them into a corner and take the flag. you feel me?" he asks, holding his hand out, and I nod, grasping his hand in mine. "I gotcha, corner them, then take the flag, seems easy enough." he nods, and once we make it close, I see mitsuko and Kurai, who has his spirits on the ready.

"Great, everyone's here right?" mitsuko whispers, motioning for Tamiir to start. Tamiir steps back, using a ring to split his thumb, allowing his ink to flow out, onto the ground before it begins to turn into steam that covers the area in a fog. Me and Kurai get into work mode immediately.

I breathe in. Letting the chosen monster take control. I feel my skin shift as I grow, my usual skin color replaced by a meaty pink...or maybe it's red.

"imicmay , iyay ummonsay eethay.."

the mimic, an old but very helpful monster in a time like this. Since I know damini and Artemis were on this team, I decide to use their voices as lures. I see Kurai summon spirits, and he speaks to them in a language I can't understand before sending them off, cloaking himself in the darkness, motioning the go-ahead for me with a smile.

I nod, stalking forward.

despite the month prior, everything that happened.

I find myself having fun, usually, I'd be worried about my quirk.

i don't have to worry anymore, though.