Chapter 18

Peri

I wake up hearing Terry crying. I put on a robe and go to his room, as usual, but when I open the door I see a shadow holding him and flying out the window.

"Noooo!" My scream pierces the air and I immediately run downstairs and next door. When I get outside I see Peter flying away with Thomas. I don't even see Aidan following me, but he sees Peter.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asks terrified. I hear Tinkerbell screaming and James cursing.

"You're dead, Pan! This time, you're dead!" He screams from the top of his lungs. I run to the guesthouse and rummage through my drawers for the bag of Pixie dust.

"I don't have enough for all of us!" I say as I open the bag, fear taking over me. Tink runs inside with James by her side.

"Please tell me you have more than that!" James tells me and I burst into tears and shake my head to a no.

"How are we supposed to get to Neverland then? How are we supposed to get back our babies?" James asks in full blown fury.

"Neverland?" Aidan asks in shock. I turn to him, still shaking with fear and take his hand.

"Please don't be scared!" I say to him as I finally let my wings unfold and turn into a pixie. He jumps back and I circle him a couple of times, stopping in front of his eyes. Then I hide behind the curtains and shift back. Tink hands me a robe and I get dressed.

"I didn't know whether I could still do that..." I say with sadness in my voice. I was honestly hoping i wouldn't. I was hoping that after so many months of unprotected sex, I would be pregnant by now.

"What the...?" Aidan is lost at words. He sits down on the bed and looks at us with big eyes.

"That was Peter Pan! From the story!" He says and James puffs with annoyance.

"It's not a story if it's true!" James adds.

"And you're Captain Hook!" He says and looks at James's prosthetic hand. "And you're Tinkerbell! And you're..." he looks at me, trying to remember who I am.

"Tinkerbell's twin, Periwinkle! We didn't lie to you, Aidan. We just left out that we are Pixies." I tell him, afraid of how he is taking everything.

"He took our babies!" He says, shaking with fear.

"And we'll get them back! After I drive my sword through Pan's chest!"

"How?" Aidan asks confused.

"I can sprinkle the Pixie dust on the car. You could drive it there! I could fly so the car is not too heavy and runs out of Pixie dust." I tell James and he nods.

"We'll take my car!" Aidan says and we all look at him in awe.

"You mean, your Mazda? You love that car!" I tell him, shocked.

"It's the lightest car we own between us. Makes sense!" He says and I nod

"What are we waiting for?" Tink asks and rushes us all out the door.

I take the bag out and sprinkle the pixie dust all over the car. Aiden opens the driver door but I stop him.

"James needs to drive! He knows how to get there and he also believes in magic!" I tell him and he frowns.

"And I don't?" He asks me angrily. I don't answe to his question and just wait for him to step aside so that James can drive. After a few seconds, he goes and opens the front passenger door and gets in. Tink sits behind them, in the middle. James gets in and as soon as he puts in the contact, the car lifts from the ground.

"Lead the way, Per-Per!" He says and I close my eyes and shift to my Pixie form.

I soar to the sky with tears in my eyes. I'm angry for Peter taking away our babies, for not being pregnant, for missing this sensation, for missing looking at the stars from above the city, but I push through my anger and focus on getting to Neverland as fast as possible. James is right behind me. When we break the veil that separates our worlds, I take a deep breath and try to keep my composure as my heart breaks in my chest when I see the Island. I wonder if my Pixie soulmate has been born by now. I shake away the thoughts and look behind me. The car seems to be losing altitude very fast. I find the closest beach point and fly towards there. James quickly catches on and finally manages to land in the sand.

"We're here!" Tinkerbell says mortified.

"You're safe, love!" James says while taking her hand.

"Are you ready?" I ask Aidan. He takes off his pijama blouse and hands it to me, and I shift back into my humanoid form.

"Where do we go from here?" Aidan asks me, and I frown, not liking the answer.

"We need more Pixie dust! Go and find shelter in the forest, but not too far. I'll return home and get the rest of my stash!" I tell them, and they all nod. I give Aidan a quick kiss, which he half responds to.

"I love you!" I tell him, and he just looks at me, without saying a word.

Then I turn around and fly to the Winter territory.