Chapter 29

Ray

I've been playing the patience card ever since I got here, but after what happened yesterday, I can't do it anymore. All I can think about is how much I want to sink myself inside her! Is this what it feels like to be human, because no wonder they're such a mess! How can they do anything else with their lives when I would gladly spend mine burried deep inside her.

"Ray?" I hear her voice and snap out of my thoughts.

"Tink and James are going on a date tonight and asked us to babysit the little fireball!" She tells me and I smile at the nickname she chose for him. I can't blame her! The kid is a cracker!

"Count me in!" I say as I imagine her walking around heavily pregnant. My boner agrees with that picture. Shit! I have to take another cold shower!

"Do I need to tell you again where everything is?" Tink asks us jokingly.

"Just go before I change my mind!" Peri tells her rolling her eyes dramatically.

"We'll be back around 12!" James says and winks at us..

"Have fun!" I tell them as I close the door behind them.

"We should go on a date too!" The words fly out of my mouth as soon as the doors closes.

"We should! How about we have a date right now?" She replies with enthusiasm. "We can order some food, I'll arrange the table and we can crack open that bottle of old wine James has hidden because he wanted to gift it to me on Christmas!" She tells me and I look at her confused.

"I still don't get this whole Christmas! But I love the trees." I tell her and she smiles sweetly at me.

"The trees are the best part! And the presents!" She says with a childish voice.

"Italian?" She asks me and I ponder a minute to think about it.

"Why don't we just make some pasta on our own. It only takes 30 minutes!" I tell her and she nods. She's really in a great mood today. She looks genuinely happy.

"Let's get started before he wakes up!" She says as she puts that communication device in her pocket.

"Carbonara?" I ask her as I walk towards the fridge.

"The wine is red, but who cares? Let's get crazy!" She replies with that contagious energy she had all day. What is going on with her? I take out the pancetta, the egg, the pecorino and some cream. In the meantime, she placed the pan with water on the stove, turning it on. I proceed to cut the pancetta into slim pieces. It's how I like it.

"I wonder if they have any black truffles left!" She says and I smile.

"I'm pretty sure that's not in the original recipe!" I tell her jokingly.

"Oh, shut up! You love it!" She says and I smile at her.

"I do!" I say and finish chopping.

"Victory!" She says as pulls out a little piece of black truffle from the freezer. She starts grating it with a proud smile on her face. Did I already say how I love that smile Soon, we're sitting at the table, drinking wine and eating pasta.

"So what do people do at dates?" I ask her and she raises her shoulders.

"I have zero clues! This is the first date I've ever been on!" She tells me and a sense of gratitude comes over me. I'm so tired of living in Aidan's shadow!

"Then, let's try and have as much fun as we can!" I tell her and she nods joyfully.

"Tell me a funny thing about you!" She says and I stop eating to think about something funny enough.

"A pigeon once chased me through the entire forest because I dared tell him to fly away!" I say and she bursts into laughter.

"You poor baby! Did nobody tell you those things are vicious?" She asks as she continues laughing.

"I had to find out the hard way! The asshole remembered me too and continued chasing me for weeks! Imagine meeting the smartest pigeon! It can only happen to me! Safe to say, I'm now terrified by pigeons!" I tell her throwing my hands in the air and she continues laughing.

"Your turn!" I say and she looks up, searching for a story.

"Hmm..." she says, still searching for the funny thing. "When I try to sing, I sound like a wounded pigeon!" She says, mocking my pigeon story.

"Nooo! I don't believe that!" I tell her searching through my mind for a moment when I heard her sing, but can't find any.

"Have you ever heard me even mumble a song?" She asks raising her fork and pointing it at me.

"I was just thinking about it!" I tell her smiling.

"You can spend all night thinking about it but I'd rather you don't! I'll spare you the trouble: I never sing!" She says and I chuckle.

"You have to sing for me once!" I tease her.

"Only if you want permanent ear damage!" She says and I laugh softly.

"Fine! I care about my ears!" I tell her amused.

"You're a smart man!"

She stands up and picks up the plates. Then she goes to the dishwasher and bends over, showing me her lilac underwear. My mouth waters at the sight of her beautiful legs and that silky tong she is wearing. I take the glases and position myself behind her, placing my hand on her hip, but more towards her ass cheek. She stands up and looks at me a little flushed. I place the glasses on the counter behind her, trapping her between my arms.

She stops breathing and studies my face. First she looks into my eyes, and then her gaze falls upon my lips. She opens her mouth to say something, but before any sound comes out, I capture her lips into a demanding kiss. She moans into my mouth as she pulls me closer to her. As our kiss deepens, my hand slides between her legs, only to find her soaking wet for me.

"Hmmm! Hmm!" We hear James's voice and immediately jump away from each other. Tink is giggling like a teenager while James looks at us with his eyebrow raised.

"Maybe continue this in your room!" He says, clicking his tongue and Peri turn red as a tomato.

"Nite!" Is all she can say as she sprints out of the house. Before I leave to follow Peri, I hear Tink's voice.

"Go get her, tiger!"