chapter six. torment

Malia rolls down her car window as she sits across from Conrad who has Daphne sitting between his legs, controlling the wheel

Malia rolls down her car window as she sits across from Conrad who has Daphne sitting between his legs, controlling the wheel. Somehow no one else finds this weird. "Is this really what you wanna do with your night, torment little Belly?" Malia looks at Jeremiah and Steven in the back who look giddy while James smells Malia's lipgloss. "Its not tormenting if it's family, you can't torment family," James shrugs and Malia holds her hand out to him, he puts some lipgloss on his fingertip before handing it over. "Let me taste," Jeremiah swipes off half the gloss and then licks his finger, Malia cringes and Daphne laughs.

"What would Ash say about this?" Malia watches James put some of the lipgloss on Steven's lips. "She's not dead, you can just call her," Daphne smiles as she honks the horn repeatably as Conrad reaches a hand over to her, touching her arm gently. "We'll just pop in and head home again, we're not gonna ruin her night," the car pulls up next to where Belly and her boy toy are and a pit grows in Malia's gut and then Belly catches a glimpse of them. She whispers something to the boy and he leaves the car, soon after she follows and heads straight to them. Daphne rolls down the window, a smile on her lips as the boys make kissy noises in the back.

Malia slaps James and he groans, "Why did you just hit me?" He then hits the other two boys for her. They hit him back immediately. "Cause I'm your sister and I legally have to," she turns back to Belly, Conrad and a smiley Daphne. "Hiya," she leans back in her seat, her shoulder against Conrad's. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Belly opens the door and Daphne swings her legs out the door. "We're just catching the end of our favourite movie!" Steven leans forward in his seat, Conrad pushes him back. "We were just leaving," he mumbles, his gaze dripping on Malia for a second.

"You have no right, you have to go!" Belly's cheeks flush red. "We're just joshing around," Jeremiah defends from the back. "Okay, no more shitty British slang. Mal and her little loverboy are right, we're leaving soon," Daphne's smile slowly fades away and she hops out of the car. "Steven, I swear to God if you don't leave, I will send everyone your Dramione fanfic," everyone in the car bursts out in laughter as Daphne climbs in the back with the boys. "You wouldn't," Steven leans over Daphne, sticking his head out of the window. "He spent an entire chapter talking about Draco's wand," Daphne cringes and pushes Steven away from her. The group can't contain themselves and then for a brief moment, Belly's eyes meet Daphne's. "Please leave,"

"Okay, stop laughing at Steven's bullshit and let's go," she pats Conrad's shoulder and he pulls out of their spot and they slowly head back home. Steven and Jeremiah run outside like dogs while Daphne lays on the couch and Malia goes for a swim. When she dives into the pool, she sees Conrad sitting there, smoking a joint. She swims to him, leaning her head back in the water as he looks down at her.

"I can't believe you're a pothead now, I think that's genuinely worse than being a potterhead," she laughs and a small smile lingers on his lips. "I don't write Dramione fanfics, nothing is worse than writing Dramione fanfics," she laughs again, her nose wrinkling up as he watches her intently. "You once said that smoking burns your braincells, do you seriously wanna burn braincells? You already don't have enough as is,"

"I didn't realise you memorise everything I say," she scoffs. "Just stop smoking before you go brain dead or whatever it is that happens to people who smoke a lot,"

"What will you give me if I do?" He leans forward, his eyes on her's, smoke revolving around them like poison, their faces inches apart. She pulls back, coughing into her elbow at the strong smell. "I have to go to bed," she swims towards the wall, getting out and toweling herself dry. She turns and he's still sitting there, still watching her from afar. "Goodnight Malia,"