chapter thirty six. ever been you

the past.

Christmas came before Daphne could keep track and suddenly she was in her car, driving to Belly's house to spend the day with her

Christmas came before Daphne could keep track and suddenly she was in her car, driving to Belly's house to spend the day with her. It's late when she gets at the Conklin house, she doesn't go in, waits for Belly to get outside. "Belly." she gives the girl a kiss on the cheek when she climbs into the car. "Where's your sweater?" Daphne brushed the hair from Belly's face. It would be cold this time at the beach.

"I forgot but I'm not cold." Belly starts but Daphne is already pulling her sweater over her head, revealing a small blue crop top that seems to cling to her body. "You can have mine, I'm immune to the cold." Daphne smiles but she still turns on the heat, "You ready to go to the beach?" Daphne can't hide her smile, Belly nods and kisses her, Belly's lips are sweet, still taste like chocolate and ice cream. Daphne smiles at the taste.

They spend the drive listening to Taylor Swift, singing along and pausing at every red light to sneak in two or three kisses. Daphne laughs every second they're together, she just can't help it.

"On a scale from one to ten, how much trouble do you think we'll get in when they realise we're gone?" Daphne grips the steering wheel with one hand, using the other to play with Belly's hair. "I won't get into trouble because I'll just say you kidnapped me." Belly teases, "You practically jumped into my car." Daphne retorts. "I've never seen a snowy beach before, of course I jumped at the chance." Belly tries to justify. Daphne didn't understand how anyone could be that perfect, she kept looking at Belly, she couldn't help it. It had been months but she still felt love sick.

The drive wasn't as long as Daphne thought it would be, it was no time until they were at the beach house, rushing out of the warm car into the cold. They couldn't stand it, Daphne grabbed ahold of Belly's hand as she dragged them into the house, laughing when Daphne slammed the door shut behind them, nearly pinning Belly to the door.

"Would it be evil if I say I want ice cream right now?" Daphne took off her shoes, making her way into the living room, to the fireplace. "Yes, we have to go to the beach but let's warm up first." Belly was already grabbing their coats and boots for the weather. Daphne just watched her before Belly went into the kitchen and found hot cocoa. Daphne started the fire while she made them the drinks.

"They're gonna be really chocolatey." Belly warned from the kitchen, "Good, that's how I like it." When Belly came into the living room, she sat down while Daphne finished up the fire before sitting down beside her. "Now I actually want to taste it." Daphne left room between them, "You can move closer if you want." Belly said and Daphne does. She takes a sip of her cocoa before choking. "What?" Belly laughs. "It's a bit dusty." Daphne put the mug down, leaning back into her seat when Belly shot up. "It's snowing. Let's go." she grabbed Daphne's hand, pulling her up.

The two girls put on their winter coats, their boots as they ran down to the beach, giddy with delight. Daphne chases Belly around the beach, running into the water with the girl when she finally grabs ahold of her. They laugh, even though they're shaking like dogs from the cold, they can't stop laughing. "Come on before we get sick." they rushed back in the house as Daphne started peeling off her clothes.

"I'm gonna get blankets. You should take off your wet clothes." Daphne ran upstairs and when she got down, she put blankets in front of the fireplace while Belly took off her shoes. Belly sat down as Daphne peeled her shirt off, putting it aside. Daphne could feel Belly stare, she was still in her wet clothes. Daphne started unbuttoning her pants and taking off her socks. "You're shaking," Daphne is nearly bare when she notices Belly look at her, "Sorry, I forgot." Belly flushes red, "Come on, you can go to bed afterwards." Daphne offers but Belly shakes her head, leaning closer to Daphne, their lips inches apart.

"I didn't bring you here for this. I don't want you to think that." Daphne brushed Belly's hair out of her face, creating a space between them. "I know but I want to. If you want to." Belly's voice is so soft as Daphne starts peeling the wet sweater off her body, kissing her again, each kiss feeling like a soft confession of love. Daphne's fingers go to the button of Belly's trousers, she was scared of Belly getting sick. She wanted her to be warm. When their wet clothes were to the side, Daphne's fingers traced the strap of Belly's bra, working their way to the infinity necklace around her neck. She smiled at it, she was right, they were infinite.

Daphne leans over, kissing Belly, her hands on the girl's hips, searching for her warmth. With every touch, Belly seemed to open like a flower, their bodies moving in sync. Daphne can't stop kissing Belly, every inch of her body. When they fall asleep, Daphne's head rests on Belly's shoulder. Daphne's a light sleeper, she wakes up when Belly brushes her hair out of her face but she just sinks deeper into the girl, about to fall back asleep when Belly speaks, so soft that she knows Belly must still think she's asleep. "There's only you, Daphne. There's only ever been you." and then she places a soft kiss on the girl's cheek before they fall asleep.