chapter eight. wasn't expecting anything

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

season one | episode three
Summer Nights
┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

The morning wind is hot when Daphne sits down at the table, eating a bowl of cereal with a class of juice and an apple close by when Belly walks in and every hugs her and wishes her. Daphne doesn't get up from her seat, she doesn't turn to Belly. She doesn't want her pancakes and they decide to give her, her presents. Her mom gives her a book of poetry and she opens the bookmarked page that carries a familiar poem that Susannah had them all memorise as kids.

Next Susannah gives her a pearl necklace and Jeremiah goes next and then Ash and Malia and James and their mom. Steven gives her a present after Conrad and Jesper then they all turn to Daphne who came into the living room eating her apple and falling onto the couch. "You go next," Natasha watches the girl as her eyes sweep the room and meet Belly's.

"I forgot," she didn't, her present for Belly was sitting in her dresser drawer but she couldn't make herself take it out this morning. "It's fine, I wasn't really expecting anything," Belly has a small smile on her face and it stings Daphne a little as she gets up off the couch. "I'm going out for a swim but happy birthday, Belly," she heads out, cursing as she heads to the beach.