chapter twenty four. andrew garfield

When Daphne wakes up, Conrad is at her door, telling her about her plans for the day

When Daphne wakes up, Conrad is at her door, telling her about her plans for the day. Her dad would fetch her around noon and the mums needed to have time with her. She didn't complain, she needed a little time with them too.

"Making Barbie chocolate with my mum in ten minutes, reading with Laurel and your mom wants you to go swimming with her." He flopped down on her bed, watching as she got dressed, frowning at the sight of her tying a tie. He took it from her.

"Is a tie necessary? You're not going anywhere special." He wrapped it around his neck and started tying it as she tried to watch. "I want him to think I'm a well mannered gentleman." She smiled as he put the tie on for her, tying it before he loosened her hair and put the hair tie around her wrist.

"When in reality you're a mean seventeen year old girl with an obsession with the new Red, White and Royal Blue movie." She frowned, "I heard you sobbing through the wall, then laughing then I heard you tell Steven what you were watching before he told you to scoot over and restart it." Conrad laughed and walked around her bed where Steven had made himself a bed on her floor.

"It's really good," Steven groaned, pulling himself off his feet and onto her bed before throwing the covers over his body. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" She asked when he checked the time before letting out a string of profanities and hauling ass out of the room.

"Shayla is gonna kill him." Conrad comments as Daphne rushes to the bathroom, brushing her teeth as he follows. "I can wear my suit to his funeral." Daphne referenced the suit that the mums got her when they still thought she would be Belly's date.

"Or you could stay and be Belly's date. I'll shove Jere into a closet if I need to." He said, watching her rinse her face and wipe it with her towel. She laughed at the thought and shook her head while putting on some light makeup.

"Belly and I are on good friendshipy terms. I want us to stay that way." She looked up at the mirror and he was rolling his eyes. "So you would rather die than speak." She nods.

"If dying means keeping our friendship alive then dagger me right now."

"You're so ridiculous." He complained and she pushed past him to get out of the bathroom. "I have to go make chocolate but stay weird." She ran down the stairs, greeted by Susannah who happily wrapped the apron around her.

"Your eyeliner is always perfect, you need to tell me your secret." Susannah took the pink chocolate she bought at the store as she assigned Daphne to break it into pieces which she happily did. Time moved fast as they worked, talking about things from makeup to the new Spiderman movies.

"I understand Garfield is beautiful, he was Jere's bisexual awakening but he isn't exactly my favourite Spidey." Susannah sat down as they waited for the chocolate to chill in the fridge.

"I know he was Jere's bi awakening, we've been fighting over him since the dawn of time." Andrew Garfield was to her what Ryan Reynolds was to straight boys.

"I remember you had your Andrew Garfield phase at the same time." Susannah laughed, resting her hand on the girl's arm. The two teens had ended up in a fight on the grass for someone they didn't even know.

"He said he loved Andrew more than I do, for him it was a phase and for me it's a lifestyle." Daphne laughs, head following back.

"I feel like this isn't about Andrew Garfield anymore." Susannah spoke softly, watching as Daphne titled her head back to check to see if anyone was around them. "I'm stupid for thinking you wouldn't see through me."

"I always do, you know you still have your suit. If your dad lets you, you can go to the ball to just see her." Daphne nods, smiling at the thought of seeing Daphne at the ball.

"I just want to leave." Daphne speaks, getting up to reach the fridge. "I have to leave."