005

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

- C h a p t e r  f i v e -

--------

'We can't but I know someone who probably can

'We can't but I know someone who probably can.'

--------

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

'It worked' Willow thought as she felt the last jump. As soon as Willow was about to say something she felt Five go stiff beside her. 

She furrowed her eyebrows before opening her eyes. 

'Where are we?' she thought looking around.

Willow saw that they where on the same concrete sidewalk, but everything was brown...? The air looked polluted, and all around them the building were on fire, smoke everywhere. The air felt clogged... it was hard to take proper breathes.

Five looked at Willow before bolting back to where they came from.

"Five!" Willow yelled following after him. 

"Vanya!" Five called out. "Ben! Dad! Anyone!" he shouted. 

"Five?" Willow said softly as she stood in front of him.

"I-I"

"Deep breathes," she spoke in a soft voice, taking his hands in hers. 

"I'll take u-us back," he stuttered.

Willow nodded, moving her hand on his shoulder. Willow watched hopeful as blue energy swirled around his fists... but it was no use. He tried again and again... but nothing. His powers weren't strong enough. He dropped his fists looking down at the ground avoiding Willows eyes.

"Five?" Willow tried again.

Five didn't answer he just collapses on the ground. He looked so... defeated. His twinkle in his eye that Willow loved was... gone.

Willow sat down by him putting her head on his shoulder. She looked down at her palms. She didn't know what to do or how to feel. 

"I-" he paused. "I'm sorry."

His voice sounded broken. Willow slowly lifted her head to look at him. Five's hair was a mess and he had dirt all over his face, and his eyes were watering.

"I know," Willow sobbed, before pulling him into a hug as she felt the tears finally fall from her eyes. He was reluctant to hug back but when he heard her voice crack as she cried he began to hug back.