022

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

- C h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o -

--------

'I won't hesitate to murder you here in cold blood

'I won't hesitate to murder you here in cold blood.'

--------

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

"I must admit Number Five, Willow Grace. The whole time I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like the two of you."

Willow was standing in the middle of Five and the Handler so it went down and up by height. She didn't want to be back at the Commission, she actually would rather be any where other then there. So she didn't care much for the Handlers 'compliments'.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but... they can't see the big picture. Your guys spunk, your enterprising spirit." Willow felt the Handler put a arm around her shoulder pulling her in close. "Well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if..." she removed her arm. "I may be so vainglorious. If things work out for you two here, you two could potentially make some fine successors, Willow, Five."

When they got into the building The Handler quickly took off her jacket. "I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at you earliest convenience." Five started. "As well as these body replacement."

"Such chutzpath. It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down, Five. All in good time." They made it up the stairs. "In fact, now that you two finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

"The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time lines of events and mankind's free will." When the tree passed the briefcase room, Willow and Five couldn't help but glance at it. "The briefcase is no longer part of your kit. Free your mind. You two are management now. One of us."

"All the people on this floor are case mangers, each one responsible for one major event at a time."

The three of us looked through the door, there were rows and rows of people sitting at desks typing away... It looked kinda depressing.

"So many of them."

"Impressive, isn't it? Being part of something... so grand." the Handler paused. As she spoke all that could really be heard was indistinct chatter and phones ringing. "Come along."

"Whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the time line is changed, and the Commission gets a report from field agents on the ground. These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manger. They determine if anyone needs to be..."