003

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

- C h a p t e r t h r e e -

--------

'"I'm not leaving my parents, Harold

'"I'm not leaving my parents, Harold." She shook her head again. "And I don't have powers."'

--------

(---------------------------------------------------------------)

-------

It was the next day, Willow was feeling better but she still had a slight head ache. She was at school sitting through her second period waiting for the bell to ring. The class was English, not her favorite but not the worse. She was more excited for the next period, that just so happened to be her favorite... Art.

She was sitting at her desk with her head laying on the cold surface as she listened to her teacher go on and on about the correct way to write a poem. 

A couple minutes later the class room door was thrown open then quickly closed. Willow lift her head to see who it was.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to open it that hard," the boy apologized. 

"You're fifteen minutes, where were you?" Ms Adams, said crossing her arms.

"I-I had a doctors appointment," he lied as he kept his eyes on the ground.

The teacher stayed quiet for a moment. "Very well, you know where your seat is."

He nodded as he quickly made his seat over to the left of Willow in the third to last roll. He kept his head on the desk as he let out a shaky sigh. 

"Harold, are you okay?" Willow whispered to the boy. 

"Um, yeah I'm fine," he spoke not lifting his head.

"I didn't know you had a doctors appointment today."

"I just found out yesterday." 

Harold and Willow weren't best friends but they were friendly. Willow was friendly to everyone but she had some type of an idea but his home life he came to school with a black eye before. She felt bad for him. She didn't know how bad it was and he wasn't going to tell her the exact details. He didn't like talking about it. 

Willow nodded, before turning her attention back to the teacher. 

-------

Willow was sitting in Griddy's after school doing her home work. She had just finished the first math problem on the page, when someone sat down in front of her. She lift her head and saw it was Harold. He had a small smile on his face and a black right eye.