Take the zoo home

I walk back into the bar with Eddie hot on my heels, to see the group a raving mess. The younger boys are sitting at the table laughing until they can't breathe at the older, more inebriated men, dancing away to Come on Eileen and singing their hearts out. I turn to see Eddie absolutely losing it as Hopper and Murray try to start a drunken kick line. I start to laugh until one of Murrays kicks knocks a chair into the table of a regular, knocking over their pitcher of beer and shattering the glass all over the floor.

" OOOPPSIIEEE" He shouts as he staggers back over to the younger boys and flops down. I'm ready to kill him and actually have a plan formulating on how to get away with it, until Eddie sees my face and steps in to intervene. Giving my hand a gentle squeeze he steps forward and clasps his hands together in front of his chest.

" Alrighty ya bunch of drunk bastards I think it is time to load up and drop you off before Y/N here makes you start cleaning up after yourselves." Hopper immediately frowns underneath his newly regrown mustache and squints at Eddie.

" But we're just getting started, don't forget I have plenty of blackmail on you son." He tries his best to look stern but it definitely looks more like he is about to throw up.

" How did you guys get so sloppy in the last little bit? I was only outside for like 20 minutes if that, either your lightweights from hell or you snuck in something with you to sip on to save money Mr. Sheriff." I jokingly glare at him knowing either option is pretty likely, if Jim hopper is nothing else the man is cheap.

" Or there was another bartender helping out while you and Munson sucked face outside like two middle schoolers." Hops eyebrows shoot up and he bobs his head at me like it's the comeback line of the century. But knowing no one else should be behind the bar, especially since I had topped everyone off before I walked outside, I know they are up to something and look over at the bar and notice things aren't neat the way I left them. Liquor spilled everywhere and pieces of lime scattered around. I rub my hands over my face and step around to find Steve squatting down behind the bar hiding behind his hands like I can't see him.

" Would you like to explain yourself , Harrington?"

" Oh you caught me Y/n , shhhh don't tell the bartender though I heard she can be a real tight ass." Looking around I see more mess and can't help but actually start to get mad, because closing down is now going to take 10x longer because of these morons.

" Eddie can ya please get the gang of merry drunks out of here before I lose it and lock them all in the freezer? I'm going to be here all night so if you want to call me tomorrow I should be in a much better mood."

" Orrr.... I can get the animals back to the zoo and swing back around to help you clean up and close and we can catch up?" Eddie smirked at me knowing the answer before I even respond. Suddenly there's a retching noise and I look over to see Murray throwing up all over the top of the table while the kids scatter away screaming obscenities at him. I feel my blood pressure start to shoot up and before I can commit homicide Eddie grabs a bag from under the bar, throws it at Murray and pulls an ill looking Hopper along by the collar. Steve ,who I had forgotten about ,scurries out from behind the bar on all fours tripping over the spilled liquor on the bottom of his shoes, chases after the rest of them and heads out the door.

" I guess I'll call first thing bright and early for the cash to close your tab out" I yelled out the door behind them, rolling my eyes as Hop shoots me a drunken thumbs up.

" I can't handle hop on shots, never again."