chapter two: a new job

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"Should I come with you? Like as emotional support?" Sarah asked after Anabella had finished dressing.

„I think your Dad would loose his shit if you just stand in front of that bar" she replied with a chuckle.

„Yeah you're probably right. Well, you wanna do something afterwards? Everyone wants to see you again" Sarah said with a grin while lying in Anabella's new bed.

"Uh yeah sure I guess. Who would come?"

"So you know Kylie and Louis from back then. Now Kylie's brother Derek and his friend Josh are always there too. But they're very nice, I'm sure you'll like them too."

"Oh okay, sure why not"

"Great, I'll let the others know. I wanna go to the lake, it's so fucking hot outside"

"Okay, oh and uhm, I wanted to ask you if I could maybe borrow your bike? It kinda takes me a long time to walk to Zions" Anabella then asked as she packed everything up.

Sarah gave Anabella her bicycle and she then set off on her way to Zions. Mr. Miller also offered to lend her his truck, but since she doesn't have a driver's license, she had no choice but the bike.

When she arrived at the bar a few minutes later, she was greeted warmly by James, the owner of Zion. 

"Wow Ana, I haven't seen you in ages, you look good," he said with a grin.

"Thank you James," she replied with a chuckle.

"Okay, Ana. Well, you really look like your sister, only younger and hotter" he replied with a grin.

„Oh uh thank you" Anabella replied, slightly disgusted but not showing it. After all, she definitely wanted this job.

"So you know how to work as a waitress and bartender? Then I would hire you immediately. We really need a new waitress and we would certainly make a lot of money together."

"Yes, I've worked in similar bars for the last few years"

"Perfect. You can start tomorrow"

"Oh really?"

"Sure thing, don't you want to?"

"Oh no yes, I was just surprised, but yes, I'll start tomorrow"

"Okay, then come to the office with me and we'll discuss the details such as the hours, wages and the dress code"

*・゚:⋆*・゚

A few hours later, Anabella was sitting with Sarah and her friends on the lake shore.

Sarah and Anabella were already kinda tired while the group of friends were talking about all sorts of things.

"It's both your birthdays next week, right?" Josh then asked while Sarah leaned into him. She laid her head on his shoulder while Anabella looked at her in surprise. Sarah clearly had a crush on him, why didn't she know about that?

"Yes, in five days, on Monday" Sarah answered with a grin. 

"That's so cool oh my god, I wish I shared my birthday with a friend too" pouted Kylie while lighting a cigarette.

"Well, we used to fight a lot because we were jealous of each other's birthdays. But now I think it's great"

"Oh, that must have been a big surprise for both of your parents, right? To have a child the same day"

"Actually, our parents met each other in the hospital. Our mothers were in the same room. We've been friends ever since," Sarah replied with a grin.

While the others continued to talk about something, Anabella finished her beer and then leaned her back against the tree. She was really tired as she had only slept for a few hours last night.

"Hey Ana, you okay?" Louis asked as he sat closer to her.

"Just a little tired," she replied, sitting up straight again.

She had known Louis for a long time, he went to kindergarten and school with Sarah and Anabella. And he was her first kiss.

"Are you guys having a party?" Kylie then asked excitedly.

„I wanted to, but not this weekend. Dad and Uncle Tommy are having their bbq party again" 

„Oh really? They're still doing that?" Anabella asked surprised. She still remembers the days when the Millers had a big bbq party every summer and all the neighbors were invited. Everyone loved it.

"Yeah, I'm really excited, and finally you're going to be there again"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Anabella and Sarah got home very late, and when Anabella next woke up to hearing a loud noise, it was only 5am. Confused and tired she sat up, was that the sound of glass breaking?

She got up and went quietly over to Sarah's room at first, but it was quiet there. Then she heard sole noises again so she went downstairs.

And there was an annoyed Joel who was cleaning the kitchen.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" he asked while picking up the shards of a broken coffee mug.

"Yeah kinda," she murmured. "Do you need help?"

"No it's okay, you can go back to sleep if you want to" he said and wiped the coffee off the floor.

"I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep again, I'm a light sleeper and, to be honest, I have to get used to my new room and bed first" she replied and helped him clean up, because after all, the deal was helping around the house.

"Do you always get up this early?" she then asked curiously.

"Yes, we're on the construction site from 6 to 4"

"Oh" was all she replied. She couldn't even imagine getting up that early every day.

"Well, today is your first day at Zions, isn't it?"

„Yeah"

"Are you excited?"

"A little, I just hope it doesn't get weird"

"Weird?"

"Yeah, when I was there yesterday I even saw some of my friends fathers"

"You know you don't have to do this job. You can live here without it. Take your time and look for a decent job"

"A decent job? Are you shaming me for my career choice?"

He just sighed and threw the shards in the garbage can.
"No, but do you really think it would do you any good to run around in skimpy outfits and have everyone stare at you just for some tips?"

"Oh please, like you've never been in that bar staring at the waitresses" she said irritated and crossed her arms.

"Yes I did that, that's why I think you should look for another job. You won't feel comfortable there"

And Anabella just rolled her eyes and left the kitchen without saying anything else.

She didn't want to say anything else so she wouldn't start a discussion. After all, she was allowed to live here for free.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚