chapter nine: bare thighs and red lips

guys I saw someone mentioning my stories on tik tok a few days ago. I almost cried, thank you so much for your support and all you're reads, votes and comments! <3

I miss writing teachers pet but I'm happy you liked the story and ending!

And another question:
How soon do you want a kiss or smut in this story?
Soon? or more tension? :)

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Joel blinked and then closed the drawer again. He expected a lot, but not this. And meanwhile, Ana blushed immediately.

"I'm sorry" he said, because he realized that she was damn uncomfortable.

"Okay nevermind, just forget about the lamp okay? I don't need it" she mumbled. She just wanted him to leave the room. Every second she got more and more embarrassed.

"Yes sure, I'll pretend I didn't see it, okay?"

"Yeah please"

Joel decided to leave the room, but just before he touched the doorknob, she started talking again.

"Uhm Joel?"

"Hm?" he asked and turned around again.

"I don't want you to think badly of me. I wouldn't be that disrespectful to use it in your house. It was a birthday present from Kylie. And it's still not open. Or used" she rambled.

"Anabella, it's okay. I'm in no position to talk to you about your sex toys" he said. He was aware that she was embarrassed, but still he was quite surprised that she was that shy now. Because usually, she is a brat. And is always talking back.

"Yes you're right sorry"

"Next time maybe find a better place to hide it" he replied and left the room. And Ana was sure she spotted a tiny grin on his face.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

When Ana got a call from her manager an hour later, she was relieved. Normally she wouldn't want to work more than she had do, but right now she really didn't want to be alone in the house with Joel.

An employee got sick and the manager asked Ana if she could take the shift, and she agreed. She quickly put on make-up and a short skirt, but a long-sleeved black shirt because it was a bit cold outside thanks to the rain.

After she realized that she couldn't ride Sarah's bike in this weather, she needed another solution. And she definitely didn't want to ask Joel.

She asked Louis, but he was at work himself. And Derek and Josh were out of town. Stressed, she stood by the front door and tried to order an Uber. But of course none was available.

She sighed and put her phone back in her pocket. Then she has to ask Joel. It can't be that bad.

Since he was nowhere to be seen in the house or garden, he must be in his bedroom. Shit. After a moment's hesitation, she went up the stairs anyway and knocked softly on his door.

"Joel?" Ana asked through the door.

"Wait a second" he replied and then she heard something being shuffled around.

She nodded, although he wouldn't be able to see that anyway, and after a moment the door opened.

"Yes?" he asked, leaning against the door. The first thing that he noticed were her red lips and the short skirt she was wearing. Then he quickly shifted his eyes to her face.

"Uhm, sorry to bother you, but I really don't wanna ride Sarah's bike in this rain. And I couldn't order an Uber. Could you maybe take me to the bar? I would give you money for the gas"

"I thought you didn't have to work tonight?"

"Yeah, but a colleague got sick. And I don't mind extra money" she replied and looked at his face. And for a second, her gaze lowered to his lips. Did he just lick his lips?

And even though she would have liked to look at him longer, she looked down on her hands and began to talk again, "Uhm so?"

"Yes, sure"

A few minutes later she got into Joel's truck and immediately had to grin slightly when she heard the music. The same song as always was playing, Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton.

"What? That's a good song" he replied and reached for the dashboard to turn up the music a bit.

Ana chuckled, "I know, it's your favorite song"

"How do you know that?" he asked surprised while his eyes fixed on the street.

"Because you and Dad always listened to this song together. Like for real always, without a break" she replied while she looked out the window and watched the other cars.

He looked over at her and noticed that she was looking out the window with her back to him. She had propped herself up a bit, which is why her skirt rode up a little.

Joel immediately looked back onto the street, but only a few seconds later his gaze slid back over to her tanned and toned legs. He had already seen her twice in a bikini. But it was much darker then, and he was farther away.

She had slight goosebumps and then he noticed a small freckle very high up on her thigh. A spot he normally wouldn't see.

When she then slowly sat down again and turned around, his gaze was immediately straight forward again.

"Joel?" she then asked. He really shouldn't have told her to call him that.

He just nodded and she continued, "What time is Sarah coming home today? You think she'll still be awake when I'm done working?" Sarah was only away for a day, but Ana missed her. She was bored without her and somehow it felt weird when she was alone with Joel.

"She doesn't come home until 10. Maybe she'll still be awake when you're coming home then" he replied and parked in front of the bar.

Ana packed her things and was about to get out when Joel said something again, "How do you get home?"

"Oh uhm, I don't know. It's supposed to stop raining later so I'll just walk I guess" she told him and opened the door.

Joel would never admit that he would be worried. But it was a dangerous area, especially at 2am, and he didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

"I'll pick you up" he told her.

"Really? Thank you" she replied and smiled sweetly at him.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

A few hours later, just before 2am, Joel parked his truck in front of the bar again. He was damn tired, but he knew that he would be from the start.

And he also knew that Ana wouldn't be immediately at his truck at exactly 2am.

But when she still didn't come out of the bar 15 minutes past 2, he started to worry. He sighed once and got out of the truck.

And so he entered the bar.