chapter nineteen: camping

hi guys, i know it's been two weeks - sorry about that. it's been a bit stressful lately, but i'll try my best to update more regularly again

and we hit 35k in the meantime, thank you <3

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

While Joel and Tommy pitched the tents, Ana and Sarah watched them. Sarah did it because she was bored. But Ana just couldn't stop staring at Joel. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and the way his arms tensed made it difficult for her to look away.

Shit, why is he so fucking hot? She thought to herself as Joel knelt down and her gaze shifted from his tense biceps to his large hands.

To not think about what other things his hands could do to her, she took her eyes off his hands and stared at his face. She watched him concentrate, and wondered if he actually knew how damn attractive he was while pitching a tent.

And then Sarah snapped her out of her thoughts, "I'm going to the shop, I'll meet Drew there. You need something?" she asked her friend.

Ana took her eyes off Joel and turned to Sarah.

"No, I don't need anything. But should I come with you?"

"Nah don't worry. Just wanna see him for a moment, I'll be right back" Sarah replied and got up.

"You wanna meet him alone? You don't even know him?" Ana asked a little worried.

"It's okay" Sarah told her and turned to the men, "Hey Dad? Uncle Tommy? I'm going to the shop to get some marshmallows. You want anything?"

"Actually yeah, I'll get us beer. I'll come with you, okay?" Tommy replied and Sarah looked over to Ana with a nervous face. But Ana didn't say anything, because she thought it would be better if Sarah didn't go alone.

„Sarah?" Tommy asked again.

„Uh, yeah sure" she told her uncle and they left a few moments later.

Ana noticed that Joel was still concentrating on the tent, when he suddenly looked up at her. Their eyes met briefly until she turned around and looked at the lake.

"Anabella can you help me for a moment?" Joel then asked after a few seconds. With doubt she looked at him again. Joel needs help? That's new.

"Ah yes, sure" Ana replied and got up from the tree stump.

After she walked over to him, he handed her a pole from the tent, "Hold that, please"

With furrowed brows she took it, "Are you serious?" she asked him. He wants her to hold it? - He obviously could have put it on the ground.

He ignored her and turned back to the tent. Ana stood next to him waiting for him, until he started talking again,

"Put this in here" he then told her and she bent down to do as he said.

"No not like that" Joel added with a small chuckle and crouched down next to her. He took her hand and guided it for her.

"Why are you doing this?" Ana asked mumbling.