chapter sixteen: miller construction

So guys, some weeks ago I had this crazy dream about a mix of the movies Holidate & Triple Frontier. Now I'm writing a Frankie Morales fanfic about it, because I kinda loved that dream lol.

I just published it, you can check it out if you're interested!
Thank you :)

But now enjoy this chapter (I know it's short and just a filler,
but I wanted to post today)

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Just as Joel was about to leave Ana's room, she came back in. She fixed her hair and brushed her teeth in the bathroom, and acted like nothing happened a few minutes ago.

"What should I wear? Does it have to be anything specific?"

"You can wear whatever you want. But would be better if it's not something similar to what you wore to the bar"

Ana just rolled her eyes, "Okay, what are the others wearing?"

"Workwear. And if not then uh I don't know, jeans and plain white shirts I guess" he replied.

"Okay, can I wear shorts? It's really hot"

"Yeah sure, you won't need workwear"

Ana nodded and got a pair of jeans shorts out of her closet. "Ah shit, I don't have a plain white shirt"

"It doesn't have to be white. Just wear whatever you want"

"Do you have one I can borrow?" she asked with a grin.

"Anabella don't"

"What? I'm just asking for a shirt. It's no big deal? I'll give it back to you when I've washed it, promise" she replied.

Joel sighed, "Alright, I'll get you one"

And a few minutes later Joel came back with a white shirt.

"Thank you" she told him with a smile. When their hands touched as she tried to take the shirt, Joel watched her face. He saw her staring at their hands and when she looked up at him again, she grinned slightly.

"Stop it Anabella"

"What are you talking about? I'm not doing anything" she whispered and got a bit closer to him.

"Oh I know you well enough to know what you're doing right now" he replied and lowered his gaze to her lips as she opened her mouth a bit.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Miller" she whispered and leaned her face closer to his.

Joel let out a heavy breath and also took a step closer.
"You're in my house, behave yourself"

"I am behaving. I'm basically doing everything you say, isn't that enough?" she replied with a grin and looked up, so their lips almost touched.

"Oh Anabella, you're that kinda girl that likes being praised and called a good girl, hm? But unfortunately, you're a brat" he said and grabbed her chin.

"I'm not a brat"

"Oh sweetheart, you are. And you know that" Joel replied and gently stroked her lower lip with his thumb.

She waited a few seconds, and then pressed her lips to his. Joel returned the kiss immediately and wrapped his arm around her back to press Ana tighter against him. She rested her arms on his shoulder and tugged at his hair lightly.

Joel lowered his other hand on her neck and squeezed it a bit. As Ana whimpered softly, he started to grin into the kiss.

But only a few seconds later, he broke the kiss again and took a step back, "Maybe I was wrong, you do know how to behave like a good girl" he whispered and let go of her neck.

While Ana tried to calm her breathing again, he went to the door, "Hurry up, we're already late" he told her and left the room.

A few minutes later, Ana left the house and went over to Joel, who was already leaning against his truck.

They got in the car without looking at each other or saying a word. But Joel couldn't help but stare at her thighs. He was glad her pants weren't too short. They stopped mid thigh and she had tucked his shirt into the shorts. And his shirt looked damn good on her.

A few minutes later they arrived and got out of the truck, "Our job at the moment is to renovate this Inn" he told her and she looked around. Talking to him again felt weird, but now she works for him so she had to pull herself together.

"We're halfway done, should take another month" he added.

"Okay" she replied as they walked to the container. And as they entered it, Ana saw Tommy and their two other friends she met on poker night, Robert and Carlos.

"Hey Guys. You're late" Tommy greeted them immediately and came up to them.

"Yeah sorry, something came up" Joel told his brother. Tommy looked at him for a second, but then decided to ignore it.

"How you doing now?" Tommy asked Ana and she immediately knew what he was talking about.

"I'm good, thanks again"

After Joel showed her around and explained some of the most important things, he took her to the construction site.

"Okay, so you don't have to do much here, but you will take over the communication with the customers and suppliers. I will explain everything to you in detail later, don't worry"

"Okay thanks"

"Tomorrow morning we'll go to the office to get some stuff. I'm meeting a supplier at 10, I want you to come with me, okay?" he told her. Ana just nodded and followed Joel around the construction site.

And a few hours later Ana was sitting at the table in the container sorting through bills. She was so engrossed in work that she didn't notice Tommy sitting down next to her.

"Ana?" he asked to get her attention.

"Hm?" she murmured without looking up, in order not to miscount.

"Is that Joel's shirt?"

"Uhm, yeah" she replied.

"Do I wanna know?"

"What do you mean?" she asked confused and looked up to him.

"Why you're wearing his shirt?"

"It's just a shirt? I borrowed it"

"Okay. I just think he's acting weird around you lately"

"Oh my god Tommy, it's a shirt. Why do you even care?" she asked with a grin.

"Because I got him that date. And I don't wanna upset Maria, or her friend" he replied.

Ana just rolled her eyes, "I don't really care. But besides, like I said, I borrowed his shirt. That's all" she told him again.

Tommy nodded and when he was about to start taking again, Joel came in, "Hey Anabella, everything allright?"

"Yup, but I think one contract is wrong, there is a mistake" she told him and handed him the paper.

"What? No, you must be wrong"

"I don't think so" she replied as he took the paper from her hand.

After a few seconds he sighed, "I guess you're right" Joel mumbled and sat down next to her.

They went over the bill for a couple of minutes before Tommy started talking again, "So Joel, you've got time for Maria and her friend in the evening?"

Ana felt Joel tense up next to her. "Ah, yeah sure" he replied.

She just kept staring at the paper and clenched her jaw. Did they really have to talk about this with her in the room?

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚