Chapter Ten

You make your way to your dorm in a rush and begin pacing. Luckily the others are still in the common room so you at least get a moment alone to freak the fuck out.

          What am I going to do? This is my worst bloody nightmare...your palms sweat as you wonder how much he's read and what he must make of it. And why he didn't give it back. He didn't exactly look disgusted, you reason, so perhaps he didn't read very far. Maybe I can still spin this into something else. Perhaps I was using his name as a stand-in for someone else in case the journal was found? No, that doesn't make any sense...Merlin, I'm fucked. Perhaps he just read the one line about veritaserum...?

          Your brows knit together in worry as you try not to bite your nails. "Everything alright, Y/n?" Georgia asks concerned as the girls return to the dorm. "Oh. Er, yes. I've got detention again with Professor Snape it would seem so I won't be at dinner tonight." Angel glances at you incredulously, "Again? That's the third time in a month, and look what happened last time! What are you doing, trying to get stuck with him in that awful dungeon?" You blush, "I, erm–" "You better gather your wits this time, last time almost got you killed." the girls agree with a sympathetic nod. "What did you even do, Y/n?" one of your roommates asks. "I...I was out past curfew last night. Suppose I lost track of the time," you lie, knowing all the others were asleep by the time you got in.

          "Well, we'll fill you in on all the announcements about the Harvest Ball. Try not to get yourself sent to the hospital wing this time?" Amy chimes. "Good luck with Snape," Angel grimaces.

          You walk with the girls down the stairwell of Ravenclaw Tower but part ways at the bottom, making your way toward Slytherin Dungeon, your heart pounding violently in your chest. You timidly approach the Potions Store room, and as if sensing your presence, Snape swings the door open, giving you a jolt of surprise.

          "Miss Y/n..." he hisses, his black eyes gleaming. "About what you wrote..." You blush, your eyes dropping to the floor. "You know the use of veritaserum on students is forbidden." You quickly blurt out, "yes Professor, I don't know what I was thinking, I–" He flicks his wand and the door slams shut. "Sit. Down..." and gestures to a small desk with parchment and a quill and ink. You immediately obey, your body relishing the thrill of his command.

          "Now, you will write a paper on the dangers of the misuse of mind-altering potions." "Yes, sir..." you mutter, trying to dry your sweaty palms on your skirt so you can grip the quill. You begin scrawling on the page, thinking up reasons why it would be very bad for someone to force someone else to take such a substance. To force someone to reveal their darkest desires...your breath hitches in your throat and you try to bring your focus back to your work. Snape climbs the ladder, reaching for a vial on the top shelf. You try not to stare at his tall form, his tight sleeves shaping his strong arms...his large hands grasping the ladder's wrungs. He makes his way back down and you quickly drop your head back to your work before he turns and sees you gaping at him.

          He glances at you before leaving in a flourish of his cape. Before long, he returns with a pumpkin pastie taken from the Great Hall. "I am regrettably required to feed you while serving detention during dinnertime." He places the pastry on the small desk in front of you and returns to his perusing of the vials on the shelf. You hungrily eat the pastry, your stomach having been empty since breakfast. You continue writing your essay, but find that the words on the page are a bit vulgar and...sort of like the ones in your journal. Your head spins in confusion and you try to cover what you've written with your arms, shielding it from his view. Snape mutters to himself something about the school's policies and its staff going too easy on unruly students. You imagine you now fall into that category, at least in his eyes.

          Much to your horror, you find that you can't contain the thoughts you'd been scrawling on the page and you begin whispering to yourself about being taken to the dungeon and–"Something you'd like to say?" Snape turns to face you with a smug look. Without a moment to think of it you blurt out, "I'm in love with you and want you to do things to me–" your hand clasps quickly over your moving mouth, muffling the words. Snape slowly cocks an eyebrow at you. "I...I don't know why I said that!"

          He smirks at you, "Enjoying your pastry, Miss Y/n?" he holds up a tiny vial. "I added a couple of drops of your favorite potion." "You...you what?" you gasp in alarm. "It seems that you only learn from experience..." he steps closer, placing his hands on the desk where you sit, leaning down until he's inches from your face, "...and I find she is the best teacher. Besides..." His eyes flick down to a bead of sweat forming from below your jaw and follow its path as it trickles down your neck. "Some rules are too...tempting not to break." His eyes meet yours in a dark, penetrative stare.

          "So, you're in love with me," Snape queries, pushing his weight off the desk, now pacing confidently about the storeroom. "...yes, sir," unable to lie or explain, though you don't think you even want to. His eyes dart to yours, "Tell me more," he demands. Immediately you respond, "I want you to–" you cover your mouth with your hand again, trying to stop the sea of words tumbling out uncontrollably. Snape grabs you, lifting you out of your seat and pressing you against the shelf behind you. "Tell me what other secrets lurk in your mind! What things you want me to do to you..." his warm body nearly presses against yours as you try not to wrap your legs around his waist and grind against him. "I–I want you to make me–" you stop yourself with your hand again, unable to reveal your depths. Snape releases you, stepping away in frustration, his eyes penetrating you. "You know, I do have" he pulls out his wand, pointing it toward your head. "...other methods to get my answers."

          "Wait–!" you gasp, but before you can protest further a stream of bright light rips through your mind. All the fantasies you've conjured up over the last month come into view and you see images of Snape commanding you to take his full length in your mouth, your hands grasping at his thighs as he throws his head back in pleasure. Pleasure that you caused. His languid voice groaning, "Good girl..." as you run your tongue up his–

          Suddenly you're back in the present and you're panting, and you notice Snape's chest rising and falling. He looks at you with a gaze you can't quite place. He steps closely to you again, cornering you against the shelf. The fabric of his trousers lightly brushes your bare knee. His eyes slowly scan your face.

          "Come with me..." he says in a low, husky voice.