Chapter Forty-Nine

You spend the next couple of hours working on the paper he'd assigned the class on the pros and cons of the illegalization of the trade of the Chinese Fireball and its eggs. It wasn't due for another week, but you always liked getting an early start...plus, you sort of want to impress him again, because that 'A' he gave you on the poisonous herbs assignment felt so good.

          Before long, the clock reads 10:50 and you're surprised at how quickly the time has passed. You feel satisfied with your paper, giving it a once-over for errors. You pull out your Transfiguration textbook and spend the next few minutes studying for an upcoming quiz when you hear a light rapping at the door. You suddenly remember his instructions and quickly hop up, sliding into your new panties under your skirt. You open up to Severus and smile excitedly. When he sees your happy face he can't help but smile back at you.

          He steps into the little room and you close the door behind him, deeply inhaling the warm, rich fragrance that's released from his billowing robes. He seems to notice this and looks at you, a smug little smile on his face. "Alright, tell me," he says, sitting down on the edge of your bed. "What kind of charm would you like? I can cast a puzzle charm, a passphrase...what are you thinking?"

          You saunter slowly closer to where he sits and tap your chin thoughtfully a moment while you think, "How about a sentry charm? An invisible guard that will stand watch and open only to me, then report to me any attempts of entry by someone other than myself? The door remains locked, inexplicably unable to be opened, since the sentry will be invisible. Then I'll know who exactly to look out for, and they'll have no idea they've been caught."

          He arches his brow and smiles approvingly at you, taking your hands and pulling you close to him until you stand between his knees. His thumb gently takes your chin and his deep voice utters with that magnificent tongue that plays with every word before it leaves his voluptuous lips, "I love...my brilliant girl..." Your center grows warm at his approval and without looking away, he flicks his fingers, opening the door.

          After a moment, two tall bodies of black iron armor appear on either side of the door outside, holding swords. Your brows jump up in surprise, "The swords might be a bit overboard, don't you think?" He shakes his head and wears a satirical but convincing expression, "You don't think a gutting is an appropriate response to trespassing?" He sighs at your unimpressed expression and concedes, "They won't use them...unless you ask them to." The sentries become invisible with more wandless magic from your man.

          He really can do a lot of magical things, even without the use of his wand...either wand.

          With another movement of his hand, the door closes and the lock clicks, locking him inside your room with you. You laugh and shake your head, "What am I gonna do with you?" He arches his brows flirtatiously, his voice deep and low, "Whatever you'd like to, my sweet girl..." his hands bring your arms around his neck, his brown eyes gazing up dotingly into yours.

          You bite your lip and smile at the invitation. You glance at the door where the sentries stand just beyond. "Perhaps...we ought to test out how effective it is...like, if someone were to come down here, would the sentries would actually work? You could try coming down here sometime...just to see if your charm is as effective as you say." His brow furrows in offense for a moment, but then soften and his expression becomes mischievous.

          His hands slide up the side of your thighs, his large, rough palms pushing up the hem of your skirt and gliding across your skin, "Miss Y/n...are you just looking for an excuse to..." He lifts the skirt until it's just above the seam of your stockings. "...be alone with me?" he asks with a seductive, penetrative gaze.