Chapter Forty-Two

Severus jumps in the shower while you're in the clawfoot tub, allowing you some time to think, your body soaking and relaxing in the warmth. You contemplate everything that's happened today; everything that's gone wrong...and everything that's gone right. You smile to yourself thinking about making love in the moonlight.

          Perhaps if you can just reason with the girls...get ahead of things, you could get their word they won't share what they found. Surely they wouldn't tell others? It's a risky situation however, since a rumor about you being in love with Professor Snape will only put the thought in people's minds, and that won't help draw any attention away from your actual relationship. It'd certainly make this more difficult to hide...I'll talk to them tomorrow, make them see...they were awful tonight, but maybe if I can just explain...

          "Obliviation is the obvious choice, though if Minerva ever found out...but still, it's preferably to murder. In her opinion, anyway." His mind keeps drifting to your tears, his heart breaking over and over again at the memory and the sound of your weeping as he held you. He would give anything to take away your pain. He realizes his fists have been clenched while he's been thinking about it. He knows he shouldn't...but he can't stop thinking of how to completely destroy these insolent little witches who've betrayed you and caused such deep hurt.

          You climb out of the bath and drain the water, wrapping yourself in a large towel and stepping in front of the foggy mirror. You can barely see your outline through the steamy haze from Severus's shower, your hair wild and wrapped in a bun. You unfasten it and it falls down in silky curly waves, spilling gently on your shoulders. You hear the shower turn off and after a moment, Severus steps out and you see his dark, tall figure behind you in the mirror, a towel wrapped around his waist.

          The fog slowly clears from the glass, and you look into his eyes in the reflection. The look on his face is one of pure desire, admiration, and love. He gently leans down and kisses your bare shoulder, his obsidian locks dripping with tiny droplets, his eyes remaining locked on yours. His arms wrap around from behind you and you lean your head back on his shoulder, your neck slightly exposed. Looking in the mirror, you like the way you look next to him, the sight of you both together. It makes you smile, and when he notices, he smiles softly back at you.

          You stand there in that perfect moment, taking in the sight, burning it into your mind to save for later. Your heart aches with how loved he makes you feel. "You know..." His deep voice breaks the silence, his eyes watching you in the mirror, "If you're free next weekend...I'd like to eat with you on a Sunday perhaps, if you would like." Your eyes light up at the request. "Yes!" You clear your throat, not wanting to sound too eager, "Um, yes. Yes I'd love that..." He smirks playfully at you when he sees how excited the thought makes you and he kisses your cheek.

          "But how will we do that? Won't it seem odd for a professor to have lunch with a student?" He gently lifts your chin, turning your face and kissing you delicately on your lips. When you break the kiss he says firmly, "You...are not allowed to worry about anymore details. I will handle this." You smile and can't help but blush. He makes you feel so taken care of. It's like he sees the needs you aren't even aware that you had. He sees to every detail and it only makes you fall harder for him.

          He suddenly picks you up and carries you to his bed and his playfulness makes you laugh. "You know, I do know how to walk," you tease. "Yes, well...you are rather clumsy, so perhaps it is best if I exercise caution with you," He winks at you and sets you delicately on his bed. You smile up at him, "I'm not that clumsy..." He arches his brow at you and says nothing, and your eyes widen and you laugh, "Come on! That's not fair, all of those times were because I was distracted!" "Oh, is that so? Distracted by what?"