Chapter Thirty-Seven

Your last night in the cottage, Severus pours you both glasses of elf wine and you talk about your favorite parts of your trip and his plans for his little garden, and your plan for your work brewing and discovering new potions. He leans forward across the table from you, his hand finding your cheek, "Such a pretty face..." your breath hitches at his compliment, remembering the first time he said that to you. Your mind begins conjuring up all the image from that night...Snape's brows arch, watching you intently. "Now...what have I told you about leaving those doors open?" he asks sternly.

          "I...I'm sorry, Professor I didn't realize it would be open." "You must be on your guard around me when you start feeling...arousal." You swallow hard, "But...that will be every time I'm around you..." you say in a small voice. He smirks at you, seeming amused and pleased. "Perhaps you have something you need to...get out of your system..." His flirting makes your center grow warm, your fingers clutching your chair. Somehow it still makes you nervous to think about sleeping with him. "Besides," he was saying, "You do have other methods you may employ to...satiate...your desires. I've witnessed them myself," your cheeks flushing at the memory of being seen on the Observation Tower by him. "Perhaps that's something else we ought to practice," he confidently suggests. "Wh...what do you mean, Professor?" "I mean..." he stands and walks over to you, looming tall above your seated form, "I ought to teach you how to...pleasure...yourself. The way I would pleasure you..." You cling to your chair, nervous at the prospect but also quite aroused and intrigued.

          He offers you his hand and you take it, rising to your feet and following him to the bedroom for the last time. He lies you down on the bed, slowly and gently removing your clothing, one article at a time. His eyes take you in admiringly, soaking up every second he has with you. Once you're bare before him, his hands roam over your body and feel your goosebumps rising in response. You absorb every moment.

          The morning you return to Hogwarts, you take one last look at the cabin, knowing you'll miss the homey feel of it. Severus had opened his home up to you and it had been the best time you could have ever imagined. "You may always come back," he drawls in your ear behind you. You turn around and into him, wrapping your arms around him. "I don't know how I will manage these next five months," you say weakly into his chest. His large hand strokes the back of your head and holds you close to him. You both seem aware of the unspoken reality that these are your last intimate moments together before the end of term.

          He holds your hands in his and looks into your eyes with a soft gaze. I love you. "And I love you. It won't be so very long."

          From now on you must keep him out of your head, locking the doors inside so he does not constantly hear or see your thoughts. He apparates you back to the edge of the Hogwarts grounds, just past the magic barrier preventing such transport.

          He looks deeply into your eyes one more time and kisses your hand. "I'll see you soon," he says softly. He steps back from you and apparates away. You walk back to the castle alone, the winter wind icy against your cheeks.

          The other students arrive by train that evening, making their way back to their dorms and sharing stories and showing each other Christmas gifts they received on their break. You instinctively clutch the amulet around your neck, hidden beneath your blouse. Your heart already hurts at the separation, and you scold yourself knowing it's only been a couple of hours.

          The feast that night in the Great Hall is noisy again, buzzing with conversation. You sit quietly at your plate as Amy, Georgia, and Angel talk about their holiday. Your eyes find Peter's in the hall, one table over. You nod at him and he returns it with a smile. Rupert sits next to him with a glow on his face. They must've had a good time. It makes you smile while you watch them talking together. "Already eager to be with him again?" Angel asks teasingly, noticing your gaze. It's a wonder she's never caught you staring at Severus.