𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐊

this one shot was recommended by @ThatBrown_Chick <3

LMFAO IM DEADD ILYSM BOO AND SORRY FOR BEING LATE😭💞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

His eyes have been locked on me this whole night. As the lights flash and music blasts throughout the Slytherin common room, there's only one boy who stands out to me.

Mattheo Riddle.

I don't know why he's looking at me, or how. In a good way? Or bad? I will never know. He's always been so confusing to me, and I can never read him. I'm sure he can read me like a book though.

Me and Mattheo have... well a weird sort of relationship. We're friends, part of the same friend group but we just- we just don't get along most of the time. It's a mutual hatred thing... but I wouldn't say I hate him, I'm sure he hates me though, even though I have done nothing wrong.

But... his eyes... his gaze... it won't leave my direction, and it's confusing me. As I dance on the dance floor with my friends Enzo and Theodore, I notice him sat on a chair, legs spread out, leaning back. He holds a bottle of fire whiskey in his hands, and with his dark, menacing eyes... he take a sip.

My heart begins to race, but I get distracted by Theodore making his way behind me, holding onto my hips as we sway to the music. He leans in forward, and whispers into my ear, "Hey angel."

I smile. "What are you doing Theo?"

"You don't like it?" He questions, pulling me by the hips closer to him, his hands running down my body.

"I'm not complaining." I reply.

"Good."

We continue to dance, but I look back over at him. At Mattheo. His face is full of anger, glaring at me with his piercing eyes.

I look away for one second and suddenly he's mad? What's going on?

He stands up and storms out of the party, disappearing to God knows where... probably the Astronomy Tower. I'm guessing... I've known it to be his safe space. We've ran into each other a couple of times there whenever either of us wanted a quiet place to smoke.

***

It's 3 am. I'm hot and sweaty, twisting and turning in bed in attempt to fall asleep. But I can't. It's been an hour since I've gotten back from the party, and I physically cannot do this.

I take a deep breath, but suddenly I'm startled by a knock on the door. At this hour? Shocking.

Lazily, I get up out of bed and head towards the door. I open it and my eyes widen to find Mattheo stood before me, his eyes half closed or open, I have no clue, his posture slouched, and a bottle in his hands.

He's been drinking.

"Mattheo- what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk, y/n."

"We can't right now Riddle, it's 3 am and you're not in the right state of mind." I point out and with his head still hanging low, he slowly looks up into my eyes.

"I need you, y/n."

I'm taken a back at his sentence, and I look at him in confusion.

"I- what do you mean?"

"Please. Don't do this to me. You- you know what I mean." He replies, taking a clumsy step towards me, his voice becoming slurred.

I take his hand, and pull him into my room, closing the door shut. I take him over to my bed and as I'm taking him there, he stops mid way, taking both of my hands and pulls me towards him. Our bodies meet.

He looks down at me, the height difference significant. Something that annoyed me as it made him feel more powerful, or whatever. But right now... he doesn't seem like he's feeling that way. He seems almost... sad.

"You hurt- hurt me really badly y/n." His hand holds my face, and he brushes his thumb across my cheek.

"What did I do?" I ask him gently, and he takes a deep breath.

"You made me watch you dance with Nott like that. You put me through that torture." He takes another breath, his hand slowly making its way down to my neck, his grip getting tighter.

"How could you look so sexy, so beautiful, and not be with me instead?" He asks and I look at him blankly.

All I'm thinking right now is... drunk words are sober thoughts.

My face lights up, as I realise what he's saying to me, butterflies weirdly fluttering in my stomach.

"You are with me... right now." I say. "But Riddle-"

"Mattheo. Call me Mattheo y/n." He says to me and I correct myself.

"Mattheo, you're severely drunk right now. You should get some sleep. It's late."

"I'm not with you." He says, completely ignoring that I told him to go to sleep. "I want to be, but..."

"But?" I ask, and his hands trail down my body, and rest on my hips.

He leans in forward, and his forehead rests against mine, our face millimetres apart.

"Tell me how I'm supposed to make you love me, the way I love you."

I gasp, and take a step back, shocked at his sudden confession. Something I'd never thought I'd hear... we've known each other since first year, but he's never shown any kind of this emotion to me, well...

He'd flirt at times yes, but to think he could possibly love me? Me? Aha. Out of all people?

I look at his face and he looks even sadder now, his brunette curls dropping over his sad hazel eyes. He slowly turns around, heading towards the door, his hand reaching for the door handle, and in that moment...

I knew I didn't want to let him go.

Something takes over me. I reach for his hand and spin him around, pushing him against the door as I smash my lips onto his, embracing him into a deep, passionate kiss. Even him being drunk, he responds immediately, one of his hands roaming my body whilst the other holds my face, pulling me closer to him so our bodies touch once more.

The kiss is everything. Lustful. Passionate. Sweet. Loving. It's everything I didn't expect, but it's the best feeling. Considering he's drunk, he's an amazing kisser.

Only makes me wonder... what it would feel like sober.

"A thousand times better my love."