fourteen: hoodie.

janae.

i woke up to amani somehow being cuddled up into my chest.

if she moved any closer, we'd practically be in each other's skin.

today the whole campus had a really big test at 10:30 and it was currently 9:30.

i know how slow amani takes in the morning so i woke her up.

"get up, ma." i said, shaking her slightly making her groan.

"5 more minutes."

"uhn uh, we got that test today so we need to get ready so we won't be late."

"this shit make me wanna drop out." she complained, stretching.

her hair was all frizzy and her once laid edges were now white and lifted.

her glasses were crooked, a strap of her bra was off her shoulder and she had lines on her face alone with some dried up slob.

guess she slept good.

"morning sunshine." i smiled at her, getting a mug in response.

"never mind then, the fuck." i mugged right back.

"no, i'm sorry, this early bird shit just not for me. good morning, nae nae." she said, kissing my cheek.

"girl, yo' breath smell like ghost ass, c'mon get up." i said, grabbing her hand and dragging her to the bathroom.

~time skip~
my class finished the test before the rest of the campus so they let us go home early.

i knew that kyra would take amani back to her house so she could get her car so i didn't expect amani to come straight back after the test.

i got home and saw malani laying on the couch, shameless playing on the tv.

"hey lani." i said, dropping my book bag on the floor and grabbing a water from the fridge.

"wassup nae. where you was at?" she said, pausing the tv and getting up.

"i was at school for this major test they wanted the whole-"

i cut off my sentence wheni noticed that malani had on a red hoodie with some green camo cargo pants.

"w-where'd you get that hoodie?" i asked her.

"it was in the guest room folded up in the drawer. i thought it was cute-"

"take it off." i bit the inside of my cheek.

she looked at me confused.

"what? why-"

"take it off, malani!" i yelled, rubbing my temples once i noticed the tone i used.

"what's yo' problem?" she asked, standing up.

"bruh malani-"

"nah, don't say shit. imma head out for a couple hours and leave you to sort...whatever this is out." malani said, grabbing her purse.

"malani...you not leaving this fucking house with that hoodie on."

"it's just a fucking hoodie, janae! like what the fuck is yo' issue?!"she said, now matching my tone from earlier.

"it's not just a fucking hoodie, malani! it's nik's so take it off!" i yelled, my voice traveling through my apartment.

she swallowed her future words harshly, staring at me.

i could feel tears flooding my eyes.

"janae, i'm-"

i waved her off, turning around and wiping my face.