twenty one: break.

amani.

"stop, that hurts! you fucking bastard." ashanti shouted making me wake up.

"i'm tryna help you the fuck, fat ass feet." jace said, roughly shoving her foot away.

ashanti started to cry making jace smack his lips.

"look you woke up amani." he said mugging her making her cry louder.

"shut that shit up." i grumbled.

"you okay?" ashanti asked, wiping her tears.

i nodded, rubbing my eyes.

"you sure?"

i shrugged.

"your phone been blowing up." jace said.

i looked at my phone, seeing a bunch of missed messages from everyone, especially janae.

"you gotta tell her, mani." ashanti said.

i shook my head.

"she gon' go ballistic and i don't got time for it. i just need a break from everything."

jace nodded.

"at least tell them you're okay."

i sighed before texting the groupchat, letting them know that i got overwhelmed about a personal situation and didn't mean to leave so abruptly but i'm okay.

as soon as i texted the groupchat, janae called me.

i rubbed my temples before answering.

"hel-"

"where the fuck you been at?!" janae yelled into the phone making my headache even worse.

"can you stop yelling?"

"i don't give a fuck, where you been at? you just fucking dip all fast and shit then don't let niggas know you okay or nothing!"

"i did let y'all know i was okay."

"yeah, the next fucking day! i was worried about you bruh."

"and i'm sorry janae but it's just a lot going on in my head right now and i need a break."

"a break from what? from me?"

"no janae-"

"amani, you always running away from yo' problems and i understand that you're used to handling shit your way but i'm here for you! it's like you don't understand that bro. that's what i'm here for, to help you."

"i know nae but this is just more difficult."

"so help me understand! like i don't get it, it's like you just keep pushing me away every time some shit happens like do i make you feel like you can't talk to me? like i can't help you? like what's making you want a break, i don't understand." her voice cracked saying that, making her mumble a string of curse words before sniffling.

my heart broke hearing her say that.

"and on top of that, it's like when desireé came in, yo' whole mood changed. and as soon as she leave the room while you gone, you come running out. like the fuck?"

"no nae, it's not like that. i promise it's not, i love you and-"

"if you love me, then tell me what the fuck is going on!"

i sighed.

"it's not that easy."

she sniffled again before smacking her lips.

"that's all you had to say bruh. have yo' lil' break and shit, i'll talk to you later." janae said before hanging up.

i sighed before falling back into the bed in the guest room.