˚₊‧꒰𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Spontaneous Human Combustion 

As far as I know, it's the reason why death rates in Japan are so high. Just imagine it, a fire erupting from your mouth, your eye or your ears and just consuming you alive. 

Not leaving a trace of the human you once were.

I was 5 years old when I witnessed my mother burst into flames, all while reading me a bed time story, how cruel. Her screams will forever plague my memory, and the smell of charred flesh will burn my senses til the day I die. But, Sol didn't bless her with a weak infernal body, our god made my mother a force to be reckoned with, and the fire force almost couldn't put her down. Through all that, she was screaming at me to get back, afraid that I'd be hurt with her body out of control.

My mother, a beautiful and loving woman, was on fucking fire and worried about me getting hurt.

ა ☆ ໒

"MAMA!!" A sobbing child screamed, reaching out for his burning mother, whose distorted screams rang hauntingly throughout their evacuated neighborhood. The mother burst into flames as she tucked her son, L/N Y/N, into bed. She was singing to him softly mere moments ago, about to give him a kiss goodnight when she felt something was off.

"RUN!!" She bellowed, wings and horns of fire burst out from her back and forehead, her once e/c eyes now blood red. Fire Force soldiers were everywhere, pyrokinetic's fighting her but to no avail.. until their captain stepped up to the challenge, and made sure the child could watch no longer.

"Sister, take the boy somewhere safe." The mans voice ordered of his members, and the sister in question gently attempted to coax the child into their armed vehicle, but he sprang free from her grip and made a mad dash for his mother. 

"PLEASE- PLEASE DON'T HURT HER!" The child begged the brigade members, whom hesitated at his plea, but their captain knew what had to be done. Y/N kicked and screamed, cursed at all the officers who held him back as the captain, Captain Burns, delivered the final and devastating blow. Each member will never forget the scream that left that child's body, and the way any and all light left his eyes that night. 

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"You poor thing, the most devastating things happen to the angels like yourself and your mother." 

"If you ever need anything, never be afraid to ask!" 

"Your mother was a beautifully generous woman, may her soul rest peacefully." 

"I hope you and your father will be able to heal through this together." 

Together, but, no.. it wasn't how things played out for me, god forbid I wanted a normal life.

Standing before my father's dead body, and looking down at his stupid suicide note, I felt nothing but hatred consume me. 

I'm so sorry, I'll forever love and watch over you, my son.