˚₊‧꒰ 𝐘/𝐍 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐢 ꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐘/𝐍 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐢

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Young master!" 

"Konro!"

"HEY- WAIT!" Shinra protested as he chased after the young twins, Hina and Hika, who both had an unrelenting grip on both of Y/N's wrists. Y/N allowed this, since they were so excited to meet him and just see him in general. They had him sign everything- like, almost everything they owned, if not for Y/N distracting them with something else. 

Y/N had a soft spot for kids, they weren't.. tainted, like him, and it's a reminder of what he has to protect as a fire soldier.

"Hina, Hika, what's wrong?" Konro asked, seated on his knees as the two girls talked his ear off.

"That little brat has been chasing us and Y/N! We think he wants to eat us!" They complained, and Y/N snickered and spared a glance with Shinra, who was not as amused as Y/N was.

"Wha- Who are you calling little brat!? We were just playing hide and seek!" Shinra countered their claim, Y/N shrugged, kneeling down and sharing a mischievous grin with the twins, "I won't show you the flaming top if you keep acting like this.." He warned.

"Fair warning, he looks like a roly-poly stuck on it's back whenever he does it." He whispered to them, the twins burst out into laughter as they imagined Shinra as a roly-poly with little flaming feet. 

"Flaming top..?" Konro asked, and the girls stopped their giggling for a moment or two to explain.

"The guy shoots fire from his feet and starts twirling like an idiot!" One of the girls explained, turning to Shinra with an innocent grin, despite her insult. 

"It's a type of breakdancing! It's really cool, I'm telling you!" Shinra defended the spinning top, Y/N patting his back with a shake of his head, a teasing grin on his face all the while. 

"My apologies, eighth brigade.. you helped us out so much, I'll take these brats off your hands." Konro smiled at the teens, who smiled back in return.

"It's alright, these girls might very well be my new best friends." Y/N twirled the twins in question, who squealed in delight at the best friend title and the way he twirled them. Y/N and Shinra both took note of the marks on Konro, carbonization, and Y/N took this as the sign to continue playing with the girls

"Alright, let's go best friends plus Shinra." Y/N twirled the girls toward the exit, they continued to giggle even as they all left. Konro and Benimaru were silent, both thinking the same thing, but knew what ended up happening whenever they spoke about it.

"Waka.." Konro began, and Benimaru paused in the bandaging process, continuing after a short pause. 

"No." He responded, same as always as he continued with his work.

"Y/N is your younger brother, he's sixteen. Technically, you're his legal guardian. You remember his reaction when he found out you-" 

"Of course I remember." Benimaru stopped completely, the image of their 'accidental' run in at the gas station the clearest image he's got.