˚₊‧꒰𝐀 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐀 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I recall, from my younger days, a man that took me in after Mari's death. This man, upon seeing my face, made it his mission to prove that he was my worthless fathers half brother. And he did, one day he showed up with a DNA test at this.. place, me and Shinra were staying at. They didn't want us to leave, they were experimenting on us and had grown very fond of me.

More like, very fond of my powers. 

No matter, I ended up being taken in by this man anyways, and I remained with him for about half a year. It was absolute hell, he was a druggie who wanted to make a living off his successful brothers offspring, how utterly pathetic. But, it worked wonderfully, and I found my face plastered on magazines, in ads, on TV and all that annoying bullshit. Of course, as a child who grew up with everyone obsessing over me, I lived for the attention. 

But, not this. I wanted to be with Shinra, how the hell was I supposed to protect him all the way over here?

You looked amazing today.. My uncle would 'compliment me', what was his name again? I sat in the dressing room for an interview, and he was caressing my skin and face with care. 

Fuck you I recall cursing at him, taking the scissors and slashing him on the face. My uncle sent me flying, I had taken out one of his eyes though and couldn't have been prouder. Hajima industries made sure to expose and sue him with accounts of child molestation, and in return I'd come back to them from rescuing me from that hell back to theirs. Only problem? I was now famous. I remember every experiment they conducted on me, and I recall the wails of the others like yesterday. In my life, there's so much screaming and crying that plays in the back of my head, a cacophony of hell that I wish would just cease. If only Shinra's grandmother wasn't a bitch, maybe we could've grown up to be something other than vengeful. So many if's, but our god has a plan just for me, how else do I explain my power and my looks?

"Shinra, cut it out." I leaned over my railing on the top bunk, looking down at Shinra who was looking up at me with those maroon eyes of his, and there's a small pout found at his lips if you happen to look close enough.

"How'd you know?" He sighed, finally turning to his side so he could completely face me, and I gave him a cocky grin. 

"Because, you move too damn much when you sleep, I would know," I rolled my eyes at him, debating on telling him the truth, "And.. I might've been guilty of it as well." I flop back onto my bed, ignoring the 'hypocrite' that he throws at me, and we both laugh at how well we know each other, "I think your stupidity might be growing on me.." I sigh, rolling my sleeping mask back over my eyes and getting comfortable smiling at the scoff I hear from beneath me.

"I bet we both know who's stupidity is wearing off on you." He makes a jab at my other childhood friend, who isn't here to defend his honor, and I sigh and pull out my phone to text the friend in question.

"He's an intellectual.." I mutter, sending texts back and forth with my dumb blonde of a friend, and that's when the alarm rang. I shot out of bed and quickly changed into my clothes that'll go beneath my uniform, a sleeveless turtleneck tank top and some gym shorts. Maki bursts into our room, most likely to get our asses into gear, but I've already got that covered.

"We're good to go." I let her know, grabbing Shinra's wrist and chasing after Maki to meet up with the rest of the team. One or two infernals were sighted  not too far away, and it was now our mission to put their souls to rest, something I'd make quick and painless. Maki let us know our uniforms were in the 'matchbox', which I'm assuming is the official fire force vehicle we've got in our arsenal.