˚₊‧꒰ა 𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Geez.. look at what you've done to my subordinates." 

I dared turn around to see my captain, who looked more then ready to take on my hybrid of a brother. 

"Commander.. Obi.." Shinra's voice made me snap out of it, and my blood froze in my body. I'd never ran over to anyone faster then I did with Shinra, holding him carefully while he glared at me. 

"I- Shinra.." I breathed out, looking at him and realizing he had been hurt, and I'd let it happen. I'd broken my own oath, and it suddenly hurt to breathe while I looked into his eyes. His face softened, and he sighed as I helped him up.

"Why didn't you tell us? Me? And you've gotta know that they wouldn't have done that." Shinra put his hands on my shoulders, and I shook my head and shut my eyes as tight as I could. Nothing made sense right now, everything hurt and I was helpless.

I hated being helpless more then anything.

We both turned to look at my brother and commander Obi engaging in a fight, Obi insisting that this must've been a misunderstanding, and Benimaru seemed to lost in his rage- which I understood, this was his village that he needed to protect.

And this was my brigade, and yet.. I let my own anger drive me against them.

"I'm.." I cleared my throat, turning to look at my best friend, who was ever so patient with me, "I'm sorry. I was a damned idiot and a huge dick." I clenched my fists, the inner turmoil within me damn near close to a hurricane. 

"It's okay, Y/N. He's your brother and.. I know how you feel about infernals." Shinra grabbed my hand, 

"But, remember. You're home is with us," Arthur rolled on over, his hand on my shoulder, when he gave me that tired smile of his, "with me."

I gulped, my heart beat running a mile a minute. 

"Hell yeah it is." I smiled, wrapping my arms around the blonde and Shinra and bringing them in for a hug. Arthur huffed and puffed, but Shinra had no qualms. 

"Do you not understand what fear is?" Benimaru asked, blood free falling from his head, a hit that Obi finally managed to land.

"Of course I do.." He responds, his helmet plopping onto the ground, "But, I can't afford to be afraid.. when I carry the responsibility of being commander of the eighth brigade!" 

I gulped when he finished, understanding that I fall under the eighth brigade. 

"Hey, isn't that guy a non-ability user?" 

"What? And he's going toe-to-toe with Beni?" 

"The commander.. he's strong." I spoke in my own amazement as I stood, standing beside lieutenant Hinawa.

"What? Did you think otherwise?" He answered back, focused on the commander like the rest of us eighth brigaders were, "Although, I can't really stand that messy stye of fighting he's got. They're both the same, they draw others to them with their natural charm."