˚₊‧꒰𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

This is agonizingly annoying. 

Maki knew she didn't stand a chance at a battle of fire, so she's been trying to close the distance while I'm over here on the defensive, this is really pissing me off.

She's either really good or I'm lacking right now, what the fuck??

She attempted to grab me from the sky when I lifted myself up higher, trying to think of what I wanted to do.. I could adjust the temperature of my flames and wrap it around her body, and slowly heat it up until she surrenders. In terms of strength, she really isn't lacking, but I've got more muscle. With that in mind, I attempt to spin her in circles, nearly succeeding when she catches on last second and stops herself.

That was all I needed.

I'm faster then her, and swooped down to wrap around the rope of fire I generated from my wings, temperatures adjusted to feel like a warm jacket, and I had her entire body trapped from head to toe. I sighed, it's still attached to my wings, the fire beginning at the tip of my right wing and ending at her feet.. but in a real battle, she'd be dead and I'd be alive. 

"Alright.. Shinra and Arthur surrendered, and L/N appears to be our winner, well done.. I didn't know you could create things like that with your fire." Company Commander Hinawa shared a few claps for me, walking over as I defused the flames, and I shrugged.

"I've never really attempted to do that, but I just assumed that since I can shoot fire from I could probably use them for other things, I'm just tremendously gifted is all." I grin, my wings fluttering behind me as I reax them. The others take a moment to appreciate the way I look, and I allow it, I probably looked fine as hell right now.. but when do I not? 

I was shirtless and slightly sweaty, my four wings were glowing behind me, along with my hallow and my e/c eyes.. I guess this is their first time truly seeing a Saint for who they are, you're welcome Company 8.

"Alright, I'll be taking these two and we're going to shower before we continue with anything for today, you'd probably prefer us working without sweat." I salute to the company commander, and I drag both Shinra and Arthur off to take showers once he nods, the boys huffing and puffing the whole way there. 

"It's not fair, how the hell did you beat her but we didn't?" Shinra whined, becoming dead weight in my arm but I continued along easily, apparently pissing him off further, how funny.

"Isn't it obvious? The only person capable of beating an ogress is the guardian of the round table.. you couldn't ever be on par with an angel, demon." Arthur defended my honor, and I smirked deviously at the words.

"Told you he was an intellectual." 

We all showered, and I slapped their asses as I made my escape. Today was rather simple other than my little battle with, and we ate and enjoyed a moment of peace with each other. 

"You've been well?" Arthur asks me, we sat and ate some curry with an annoyed Shinra sitting on my other side.

"Yeah, originally I was planning on joining the seventh brigade, but then Shinra ended up here so.. here I am." I shrugged, continuing to munch on my curry as conversation flowed between the three of us. We may all seem like we're at odds all the time, but we're still longtime friends regardless of how we act with each other. Eventually though, we were summoned to go and return an infernal to the flame. When we got there though.. there was someone else's flames at play, teasing us.