˚₊‧꒰𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐝𝐞

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Are you guys the rookies in training?" 

We had all been admiring the first brigade's cathedral, when one of it's members interrupted us. Y/N bit his cheek to stop the snide comment from coming out of his mouth, and that was when he surrounded me and looked me up and down. 

Okay.. odd 

"You look like an angel.. are you an angel? I bet you act like an angel, being an angel." He seemed in awe with me, and I grinned at him. He was.. confusing, and had an odd way of talking, that's for sure. 

"Hey!" Shinra cut in, standing between me and the fire soldier that seemed to not have a clue on what personal space was. 

"Shit.. why would someone that looks like shit, act like shit? Are you a piece of shit, you piece of shit?" He shifted his focus onto Shinra, who narrowed his eyes at the guy. 

"Hey." Was all he said, and I snorted and covered my mouth at his deadpan expression, he seemed to already be done with the guy. 

"This douche is also acting like a douchebag. You lazy ass.. lookin' like a lazy ass. You must act like a lazy ass being a lazy ass as well!" He seemed to go on and on.. and I was already getting tired of this, cutting in before he could move on with someone else.

"Alright, while that's fun and all.. you've got a captain to bring us to." I cut in before he could remain off track, and he narrowed his eyes at me before walking off. 

"The battalion commander Burns awaits you, come one." Then guy let us know, and we all took that as as a sign to follow him, eventually coming across their.. beautiful cathedral, nearly as beautiful as me. I didn't have time to admire it though, because Captain Burns stood front and center with his lips upturned, seeming to be looking down on us.

Oh hell no 

"Welcome to the first brigade, I've come to greet you." Burns announced, his voice echoing in the silence that consumed the cathedral. I heard the other two older members of the first speaking amongst each other, a comment about Maki's clothes. Everyone gave a salute to the captain, and I didn't budge when I locked my eyes onto the captain's. 

He narrowed his eyes slightly

"Even with that hat, huh.. This is a cathedral, I'm sorry, but I have to ask you not to salute. Instead, use the gesture of putting those hands together." He corrected them, keeping his eyes aimed on me to see if I'd do it, I took a few moments before I did it.. only because I respected the any home of Sol, but not him. 

He seemed to know that, good

"These are the first brigades company commanders; Fulham, Hoshimiya and Li. They will watch over you. After learning by observing today, you may rest." He concluded, and I took this as my chance, knowing Shinra was itching to do the same; I brushed my hand against his. 

"Battalion commander Burns, may I asked something?" I inquired with a saccharine smile, one that he countered with an unmoving neutral face, despite the company commanders at his side growing tense. 

"In a moment, you'll be joining the members of the first brigade to be planning our course, yes?" I continued without waiting for an answer, I didn't need one anyway, "In a way.. I suppose it could be hasty, but what I'm saying is that we should have our abilities tested by facing you." 

His face scrunched ever so slightly at the fact I had said 'saying' instead of 'asking' 

I wasn't going to ask, I was going to get; If I had to beat this bastard for the answers, I'd wipe the floor with him.