˚₊‧꒰𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞꒱ ‧₊˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

The explosion that came from that vial sent me flying, I hadn't expected it, and god damn it I should've. The two of us were engaged in a fire battle, and currently.. I'm under the assumption that I'm the more advanced one of us when it comes to hand to hand combat, so I was trying my best to close the space. He sent multiple attacks that I disregarded with ease, but the problem was his speed, and it was pissing me off beyond belief that I couldn't keep up with this bastard.

"You really are as powerful as they say! Keep it coming, don't disappoint me!" He was grinning like a mad man, his attacks increasing as I did my best to deflect and fire back. I was almost there, and I caught him by surprise when I used my halo as a boomerang, knocking him off his feet. I had nearly got him, but once again his fucking speed, and he was up again. 

"Ah, how clever.. for that, I'll give you a hint.. The devil's younger brother.. he's alive." 

Those words alone were nearly enough to send me to my knees, and I was dangerously close to doing so, when I remembered where I am and who I'm fighting. 

No, weakness later.. Random psycho now. 

"Don't you fucking lie to me, asshole!" I shouted at him, sending multiple beams of scorching hot flames in his direction, ones that he just barely dodges. 

"Someone's been lying to you, got an idea in that pretty lil head of yours?" He cackled, and as much as I'd love to deny it.. he's right, I did have an idea.

Captain Burns 

He knows, he was the one who went inside.. the only one, and he said they were both dead.

"How about it? Something just pop into that head of yours?" He tilted his head at me, and I scowled at him, wanting to beat him to a pulp. 

Sho was alive

"Even if that were true.. why the fuck do you know about it? What's your goal.. what're you tryna pull here!?" My anger kept piling up, and the only thing keeping me from wrecking the absolute shit out of this guy was Sho.

Sho, the sweet little Sho, the embodiment pure and innocent thing that I failed to protect

"Taking an interest in me, are we? Looks like your potential reaches places I didn't even acknowledge were real, they're really up in the heavens huh." He looks up, that mocking grin smeared onto his face, "Your mother died, and so did the adoptive one.. that's no laughing matter, could it be you had some doubts about joining the special Fire Force brigade to begin with? If that's the case.. why don't you just give up on playing angel, and instead.. become a devil with me, and we can uncover the truth together." The words 'Angel or Devil' were displayed in fire within gloved hands, and I won't deny the fact that I was contemplating it.

The only real reason why I was in the force was to flaunt my power and protect Shinra.. but, there's no protecting him if I go on a route that he shouldn't be forced to follow.

"You're hilarious if you think I'd join you, don't worry, you'll get over me." I grinned, taking advantage of his change in attitude and flying at him with everything I've got. We began to trade blows, and it turns out I was terribly wrong, he's got more years of experience over my measly 10. He was beginning to overpower me, and I decided now was the time more than ever to try out that new move. I dipped my hand into the inferno of my upper left wing, pulling out a rope of fire and surrounding his body in it, altering the temperature just slightly so he isn't burning alive.